Backstory part 3

The back story is almost over.

~2 years later (6th grade)~

I thought that Lucas would never have feelings for me. He's two years older. I was trying to just wipe the feelings away. That was the only logical thing to do, right? At least that's what I was thinking.

Anyway, 6th grade. I was starting middle school, while Lucas was in his last year of middle school. A 6th grader and an 8th grader, so I didn't bother with it anymore.

There was a new boy in our class named Jake. He happened to be really cute and I was the lucky girl that got to sit next to him. From what I've seen and heard, he's really smart.
~~~
~4 weeks later~
Lucas and I kept making eye contact passing each other in the halls. Yes, I did speak to him often, but I tried not to think about it to much because what's the point? He'll never like me.

I was walking down the halls with Riley. "How do you think you did on that test?" She asked.

"I think I'm fine. I'm pretty good at math so I'm feeling con-"

I was interrupted when someone bumped into me and I fell, dropping my books. I looked up to see who it was. Of course, I thought as I looked up to see Lucas.

"Oh I'm so sorry Maya, are you ok?" he asked.

"It's ok. I'm fine," I sighed.

Jake ran over to help me.

"It's ok I got it," said Lucas.

"No it's fine," said Jake.

Lucas rolled his eyes as Jake picked up the books.

Lucas held his hand out to help me up. Oh no not again. I tried to block my thoughts as he grabbed my hand and helped me up. Glad that's over.

I walked back to class with Riley, who kept asking if I was ok.

I'm trying to get through the backstory as fast as possible.

~~~
~5 months later~
"Jake knows," said Riley as we sit at lunch.

"What?! How does he know that I like him?! Who would possibly-" I turn around and look at Sarah and Darby sitting at the table behind us.

"What? He made us."

"How did he make you," I said annoyed.

"I said, 'hey you wanna know something about Maya?'" Said Darby

"He said yes," Sarah added all defensively.

I rolled my eyes. Great. At least he's the same age as me.

As I was in line for lunch, I heard a bunch of people whispering stuff. I heard them say "Maya" and "Jake" and i thought they were talking about how I like him. I was wrong. I mean I was right, but I was wrong.

At recess, Jake walked up to me and Riley.

"Hey," he said.

"Uhh," I stuttered.

"Hiiii," Riley said, trying to brake the silence that only lasted for a split second.

"So I heard-"

"Yeah sorry about that," I cut him off.

I was thinking about how middle school relationships were usually fake. I mean from what I've seen, you never even date.

"Will you be my girlfriend," he said quickly.

I was shocked. I looked over at the outside basketball court where I could see Lucas shooting hoops. I was just thinking about-

Riley elbowed me twice.

I looked back at Jake.
"Umm... Yes." I smiled.
~~~
Two moths passed and I realized Jake and I hardly even spoke. We texted most of the time, but we were kind of awkward.

Also, my sister graduated 8th grade. I went to the graduation and watched all of them graduate.

After graduation Sarah and Darby walked up to me and hugged me, followed by Lucas, who stood there and watched. I was facing him as I hugged Sarah and Darby and we smiled at each other.

Sarah had parties at her house often and I would always see Lucas there. We still spoke, but I blocked everything out because I just didn't want to be hurt knowing that the age difference would ruin everything.  We also alter served mass on the weekends together sometimes.
~~~
~7th grade (October)~

"Riley," I said as we sat at the bay window.

"Yeah," she said

Lucas was officially in high school so I couldn't see him at school anymore. I saw him sometimes on weekends, but I kind of missed him.

"I'm gonna break up with Jake." I said quickly.

"Yeah I saw that coming. You guys barely even speak." She said  "do you want me to do it for you?"

"I was gonna do it, but if you want to you can."
~~~
The next day, we were broken up. He didn't seem very upset or surprised.

••••••
Hope you enjoyed that chapter! I will Finnish with the backstory next chapter and it will lead to now. Thank you all reading so far.

Be sure to read, vote, comment, follow, add so so that I can keep writing. Ily guys

Instagram:@officiallucaya