Backstory part 5: talent show

Sorry I haven't updated recently. I've been really busy. (I know that the picture has her playing the guitar, but just pretend it's a piano lol) And just so you know, I think this is the last part of the backstory and then the story will be written in present tense instead of past tense.

Also, I highly suggest listening to "Too Young" by Sabrina Carpenter before reading this.

••••••••

~1 week later~

It had been a little less than week since I was cut from the Talent Show and I was still just as sad about it.

I was walking down the hall with Riley to get to music class. It was my first music class knowing that I was cut from the talent show, Mr. C (the music teacher), never even told me why I was cut or spoke to me about it. It was like he didn't even cut me from it.

We walked into class and I sat down next to Riley.

"Sit down quietly, please," Mr. C. told the class.

"Good Morning," He said to me and Riley.

I wondered why, because I was always his favorite student but I don't think so anymore.

"Good Morning," We said.

"Ok, class before we get started I just want to tell everyone on the Talent Show that there is a practice after school today."

I rolled my eyes.

"Everyone in the talent show, raise your hand so that I can count to see how many people will be there." Said Mr. C.

I rolled my eyes again as a bunch of people rose their hands. Including Missy. Ugh.

He looked at me like he was confused and then walked into the hallway to look at the list of the cast.

He walked back into the room and looked at me.

"You," He pointed at me, "I wanna hear your song again. Raise your hand."

"But I didn't get in. I wasn't on the list." I said in a 'duh' kind of tone.

"That was the 'So Far' list. raise your hand." He said.

He seamed kind of angry even though I didn't do anything wrong. He was the one that didn't let me into the talent show.

"Um... Ok," I said as I put my hand into the air.

~~~

After school, I walked into the gym for Talent Show practice.

I sat down next to Missy because we are really good friends, but only when Riley and Missy's group isn't around.

"Hey, I thought you weren't in the talent show," she said with a confused look on her face. As if she wasn't there when he told me to come to practice.

"Well apparently, I am. During class today he told me to come to practice. He said he wanted to hear my song again.

I wondered why he wanted to hear it again. During the audition, he told me he didn't like the song.

I knew that Missy was one of the people that thought I was really bad at singing.

"Oh," she said with a smile.