February 2: How My Mommy Met Garfy

Start from the beginning

Garfy ;) dialling...

"Hello?" He picked up on the second ring.

"Garfy!" I beamed.

"Oh, Em, what's up?" I can almost hear the smile in his voice.

"Listen, I just finished preparing for school and can you do me a favor?"

He chuckled. "What kind of favor? Need help dressing up?"

My jaw dropped at the innuendo. "Pervert!"

He laughed for like 10 seconds before saying, "I'm kidding! What's got your knickers in a twist?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" I scoffed. "I don't wear knickers."

He barked another round of laughter. "It's just an expression! Ease up Jean!"

Now it's my time to laugh. "Let's not get started on mentioning second names, Russell."

"Shit." He swore. Though I could tell that he isn't all that bothered because I can hear it in his voice that he's amused. Again, is it weird that I find it hot hearing him swear profanities? "How did you know that?"

"It's in your contact number, dummy." Then I remembered why I called him in the first place. Seriously, talking with Andrew makes me forget or ignore a lot of things. "Oh yeah, about that favor. Can you give me a ride home from school?"

Silence.

Crap. What if he thinks I'm a bit needy? "You don't have to if you don't want to." I added quickly. "It's just that my car's out of gas and I don't know anyone else that I could count on around here and--"

"Chill." He cut me off. "I wasn't planning on refusing you."

I released a breath that I didn't notice I was holding. "Oh great! Then why were you quiet a few seconds ago?"

"Well, I was on my way to school actually but when you said you needed a ride to school, I immediately turned my car around. You know you didn't have to explain why you needed to do me a favor. I would gladly do it either way."

How sweet? He never fails to surprise me with his sweet little acts. I was actually speechless for a few seconds.

"Hello, Em? You still there?" He called.

I cleared my throat. "Uhm, yeah. Thank you very much! I owe you."

He chuckled. "You probably shouldn't have said that since I'm not really planning on having you on account for this. But now that you've mentioned it yourself, I'll come collecting someday."

"Seriously? I probably should've kept my mouth shut." I smiled. "But still, I really do want to make it up to you some time."

"Good." He sighed. "Oh, and I'm almost there."

"Oh, good." I repeated. "I'm already outside. Goodbye!"

"Bye!" He hung up.

And two minutes later, a black 2013 Audi A7 slowed down on our driveway. When it finally stopped, the driver rolled down the mirror. Andrew was wearing dark Ray Ban shades and sporting his usual bad boy smirk.

He just looks so freakin' handsome!

"Well?" He urged. "What are you waiting for? Let's go!"

I tried to swallow my awe and shock as he stepped out of the car, walked to the other side and opened the door for me like a gentleman. So I gladly got in his car and waited as he made his way to the driver's seat and off we go to school.

"So," He started. "What made you call me to drive you to school?"

I shrugged. "I was supposed to drive my cooper to school but then I just found out that it was out of gas. Also, I tried to call my mom and ask her to drive me but then she's at work. If she ever got back, I'd be late by then. And, since we're new in town, you're the only one that I know who goes to CPEHS too."