Chapter 3: "Family Dinner"

Recap:
This dinner could be the best or worse day of my life. But I am so happy to see my family.

Donna called Opie and asked him to invite pops for dinner because the kids had a surprise for them. I helped Donna fix dinner. I grilled some steaks on the grill while the kids played outside and Donna fixed the salad and mashed potatoes and gravy in the house. I parked my car in the garage so they wouldn't see it when they got here.

At around 6:00 supper was done and Opie just called and said they was on their way to the house. I don't know what they are going to think of me being home but I do know that before this night is over my not so lovely husband will know I'm back.

I was pacing back in forth around the living room when I heard the sound of bikes. My heart began to speed up and I felt as if I couldn't breath. I knew Donna and Op sometimes invited Jax to dinner but I was hoping tonight wasn't one of them. I didn't want to see him just yet. I needed time with my family first. Jax and his drama can wait until the tomorrow.

I heard Kenny and Ellie yelling daddy's home from the kitchen. I stayed in the living room like I was told by the kids until they came and got me. "Where's my surprise at kids?" I heard my dad ask I was trying to hold back the tears I had threatening to come out hearing his voice oh my how I have missed him. "It's in the living room." Kenny replied giggling. That's was my cue to come out.

"Surprise" I yelled as I walked into the kitchen. "Oh my god." Is all either one of them said.
"Are you just going to stand there like you've seen a ghost or are you going to give me a hug." I said as tears start falling. Pops opens his arms and I run into them hugging him as tight as I could. While he said "my baby girl is finally home." I can tell he was crying by the sound of his voice. "Where's my hug?" Opie said after a few minutes. I ran into his big arms and he lifts me off the ground hugging me tighter than I could ever hug him. " I can't believe you back." Op said putting me down "me either but here I am." They both just laugh. We set down to eat dinner I sit between pops and Opie.

Opie- " How have you been Lexi?"

Lexi- " I've been good finished college I am finishing up my residency so I can be a licensed surgeon."

Pops- " That's wonderful sweetie I'm happy for you."

Lexi- " thanks daddy."

Opie- " how long you in town for?"

Lexi- " just two weeks. Gemma said it was important I came home."

Pops- " You should stay longer your family is in charming not Washington."
I chocked on my food how in the hell did he know I was living Washington. I never told them that.

Lexi-" pops how did you know where I was?" I asked he had a look on his face like that wasn't information I was suppose to know and Opie was trying to help him figure out a way out of it.

Pops- " umm ugh I ugh."

Then it suddenly hit me Jax found me.

Lexi- " he found me didn't he, he knew I was in Washington and Gemma was getting me back here so Jax didn't come there. Please tell me I'm wrong."

Opie- " a year after you left he found hospital records from Saint Thomas saying you were pregnant he looked everywhere for you he thinks you took his kid and left."