Party in Seattle

Alex's POV~

I sit on the roof of my house. I can hear my parents fighting in their bedroom. Something about taxes or some shit about money.

I look up at the clear sky covered in stars. I lay down, putting my hands behind my head. My bracelets jingle quietly. An airplane crosses overhead.

I find myself thinking back to Jake. We just met a couple days ago and we had become fast friends. I also met Lulu, who was a total spaz, I can see why Jake chose her to be her best friend. I guess why we became such good friends so soon is that Lu and Jake needed another friend. So did I.

I hear my mom storm out of my parents bedroom. She was gonna get drunk, I just know it. She always does. She's an angry drinker, she always yells and me and my dad. Even hits me sometimes. My dad was the exact opposite, he goes out and spends money, our family was broke, my parents fight more often. Our problems keep getting worse. My little sister on the other hand is the only thing keeping us together.

My fathers car pulls out of the driveway, leaving to go buy something that will leave us broke.

I brush my black bangs out of my face. I think about what my mother did last week. She took some of my posters down and sold them for an extra buck, I will never forgive her for that, even though I have tons more.

I stand up and look at the sky once more, a shooting star passes. I close my eyes and mutter a wish. It might not come true, but it's always fun to do. I climb back into my window, I'm greeted by hundreds of band posters; Falling in Reverse, Black veil Brides, Sleeping with Sirens, Pierce the Veil. I can't even count them anymore, the posters cover the ceiling.

I look at the clock, it's eleven thirty. I should be going to bed. I stretch my back, raising my hands about my head. I walk over to my stereo and turn on some music, not to loud.

I hear a bottle get smashed downstairs.

I pull my shirt off over my head, filing it across my room, it hits the wall and falls onto one of my guitars on the wall. I continue undressing. Undoing my belt and taking my pant off, filing them across the room too.

My phone goes off. I check the caller ID: it's Jake. I sigh and answer it, sitting on my bed.

"Hello?"

"Hey Alex." Jake answers, breathless.

"Hey man." I say picking at a scab on my leg.

"Do you think you could do me a favor?" Jake laughs nervously.

"What do you need." I ask, leaning down on my bed.

"Well we're in a little situation right now."

"Please don't tell me you're in jail."

"Aw, what man. What the hell, we're in Seattle at Pike Place market, you'll see us." Jake hangs up.

"Aw man." I look down, I'm only wearing underwear. I sigh and grab the nearest pants next to me.

I end up with a pare of ripped black skinny jeans with a white studded belt, and a red v-neck. I slip on some old gray vans, grabbing a black hoody and my keys and head out. I turn around quickly not wanting to go through the front door, my mother might stop me.

Instead I climb out of my window.

I turn on my car. The engine purrs smoothly. I pull out of my driveway, leaving my messed up family behind.

---

I see red and yellow lights flashing farther down the street. There was a party going on in the middle of the night, in Seattle. What did Jake get herself into?