Chapter 18

ONCE AGAIN, I AM SORRY! FOR UPLOADING SO IRREGULARLY AND NOT POSTING OFTEN, I WOULD BE SURPRISED IF ANYONE STILL READ MY STORY.....

"Kou!" Ruki stood up and call out to Kou but he continued walking unresponsive.

"Y/N, don't blame Kou for what he had done. He had once tried to commit suicide as well. Ruki stopped him but I think seeing you attempt to kill yourself, made him snap." Yuma tried to explain.

"Are you okay?" Azusa asked, his voice full of concern.

I looked down in shame, my hate for the brothers dissipated as I realized how ignorant I had been. To judge before knowing both sides of the story. To see their worried faces and pained looks, although they were vampires, creatures of no emotions and feelings, they seemed as human as they could be right now. Ruki grabbed my hand tightly, and put his head to it. He started to tremble and he did something very unlike of him. He began to cry, pouring out everything.

"Please! Don't do that again!" He barely uttered out between his hiccups.

Azusa went up to embrace me, it was strange. His body should have been cold but it felt very warm and comforting.

"Sorry, I'm so sorry." Azusa whispered repeatedly.

I winced as Yuma touched my cheek, still red and raw from Kou's slap.

"I'm really sorry, we were selfish to accept this curse of immortality. We were stupid to think this was more important. We should have just..." Yuma trailed off, staring into my glazed over eyes. He realized that I wasn't looking at him.

"I'm sorry as well but right now I need to go find Kou." I spoke.

"No! You can't. The state you're in is just too fragile. Look at all your injuries!" Yuma pleaded desperately as I stood up. Ruki and Azusa let go of me, reluctantly.

"At least let us go with you. You're in no position to be able to go by yourself. Hell! You just tried to commit suicide."

"Please! I am really sorry for worrying you all but I remember how important you all were and are to me. Kou is no exception! I really regret not trying to understand the past but right now I need to try to fix the things in the present." I turned away and began to run, trying to catch up to Kou.

After what seemed like forever, I stopped to catch my breath. Kou was nowhere in sight. Was he really that angry?

Feeling hopeless, I collapsed on the ground, flicking through the memories of the past, the happy and painful ones. Suddenly, I felt a pair of hands on my shoulder, jolting me from my dizzy merry-go-around of mixed chunks of the past.

"Let's go home. Kou knows how to take care of himself. He'll come back soon enough." Ruki murmured softly without his usual harsh remarks or edge. Unable to stand up properly, Ruki lifted me with the utmost care and gentleness he could muster as he carried me home, fatigue clear in his posture.

As hours became days and days became weeks, Kou did not return home. He didn't even show up to school. I saw him in many magazines that I read, it seemed like he was taking up every single job just to keep me off his mind. It didn't take long for my frustration to grow. I had to leave, to go somewhere to cool down and gather my thoughts. I packed my bags in daytime, as I knew the brothers would still be dormant.

After zipping up my suitcase, I collapsed and sighed as I watched the sun slowly set. Slipping a note on the dining table, I let out an exasperated sigh. 

I need to leave now.

Shaking my head to rid myself of fatigue from my warped sleep-timetable, I grabbed my luggage and exited the mansion as quietly as possible.