Sick Day

Laurence's POV

I wake up from a nightmare. People sleeping around me. The sky still dark. Aphmau was sitting up leaning over. She didn't look ok. I walk over and pat her back she was shaking.
"You ok?" I ask. She shakes her head.
"I... I feel like im gonna be sick." she says. I kneel I front of her and feel her forehead. She was burning up. She gets up and runs past me to the bathroom. I run over to the door it was locked. I could hear her throwing up. He give the door a small knock. I hear a groan.
"You need help?" I ask. I hear the toilet flush. "You done?" I ask. I hear her get up slowly. Then some water run and brushing teeth type sound. I didn't quiet know. I sit there a while and wait. She opens the door and walks to me and falls in my arms. I help her stand her forehead burning up. I help her over to her bed. I lay her down. She starts to shiver. I pull the blanket over her.
"Laurence? Can you sleep here?" she asks. I nod and get in the bed. I sit up so my head lay against the wood wall. She lays her head on my chest. She wraps her arms around me and pulls herself closer. I could feel her heart beat. I scoot down so I lay down fully and curl up with her. I set my chin on her head. Her hot forehead was against my chest but it didn't bother me. As long as she was ok. I would do anything for her.

+-That Morning-+

I wake up Aphmau still in her same place sleeping. The sun was rising not fully but just enough. Everyone was still sleeping. I pull Aphmau closer and drift back to sleep.

I was awaken yet again but by Aphmau. I open my eyes she was staring at me. She didn't look any better.
"How do you feel?" I ask sitting up. She shrugs.
"Ok I guess..." her voice was dull. She sounded sick it was easily notice. I feel her forehead. Not as hot as last night. Then an idea pops in my mind.
"Today stay here and rest. Im going to see if maybe Zoey or something can help us move back into your old place." I say. She nods. I crawl out of bed she watches me walk to the ladder. "Get some rest." I say. She nods and lays back down.

I told Levin and Malachi the plan.
"We can do that but... Who would stay with you?" Malachi asks.
"Katelyn and Vylad mite. Considering Katelyn has that baby. We saved." Levin nods.
"We have extra furniture and stuff. So go ask Zoey she can show you to them." Levin says. I nod and get up.
"Thank you. I'll go speak with Zoey. You two boys have grown up so much." I say. "You guys are like my sons. I wish I was here to watch you grow." I say looking down. They were like my sons I never got to watch grow up.

Katelyn's POV

Me and Aaron sat on the steps that head up to the tree house. We talked about how he lost someone he loved and how I lost someone. I felt like there was a connection. Vylad had the baby surprisingly. I though he wouldn't want to watch her. Well James was talking with Zoey.
"Katelyn?" he asks. I snap out of my thoughts and look at him. "You ok? You just dozed off I guess." he says. I smile and shake my head looking back over the sea.
"Im fine just going threw thoughts." I say. He nods.
"Same. We both have the same type of thoughts to go threw." he says. I nod. "Glad were on the same page." he says. I nod and go back to starring over the sea.

Laurence's POV

I sat in front of Vylad, Katelyn, Aaron and Aphmau. I told them the plan. They all seemed to agree.
"Zoey is willing to make an extra room for Vylad. But she said we should be ready to go over by tomorrow night or morning." I say Aphmau nods. She was still sick but was able to listen.
"Now lets get some sleep. We have work." I say. James said he would watch the baby and he was gonna stay. He and Donna were going to make a little medical hut in the old plaza. After they fix it up. We all separate. I sit on my bed Aphmau sits on mine too.
"You feel better?" I ask. She shakes her head.
"No im wide awake now but still don't feel good." she says. I nod.
"Well im gonna turn in. Stay safe if you go out." I say. She nods. I lay down she curls up next to me. I close my eyes and hold her close and drift away.

Aphmau's POV

I couldn't sleep. I slip out from under Laurence's arm. Get up and grab my coat. I go to the ladder and climb down. I was gonna go to the docks, but I decided not to. So I went and sat on the steps. I sat there thinking and processing everything. I felt bad not being able to watch my two boys grow up. I close my eyes and listen to the waves.
Soon later I hear footsteps. I look over Laurence walking over.
"Hey. Why are you down here?" he asks. I shrug and look back over the sea.
"Just processing everything that happened. I wish I was here to watch my boys grow up." I say. He walks over and sits next to me.
"You know how we went through that barrier type thing?" he asks. I nod. "Maybe that's what changed the time period." it made since.

Then we sit in silence for awhile.

"We should... Go check that.." I shake my head.
"No because maybe if we go back threw it. It mite change the time period yet again." I say. He nods. I look at him he looks at me. I feel terrible. I wish I got to watch my boys grow up. I say to myself.
"You did nothing wrong." he says like he read my mind.
"How did you know I thought that?" I ask. I was really confused.
"I could just here you say that. Maybe its part of your power." he says looking at me. I nod. I was feeling stupid for what I was about to think. But I had to do it to know he can really hear me. Kiss me. I think. He smiles. Ok. He says threw his mind. He kisses me. I let him. Wow I can't believe you heard me. I say kissing him back.
"I love you." he says. I blush I loved him a little but. I didn't know how to say it.
"I... I l-love you t-too..." I say pulling away. He smiles. I get up he does too. Then I realize the sun was coming up.
"Well we have some work to do today." I say. He nods.