Chapter 2

Soon, they reached Mirari but there was nothing to see because the land before them was nothing but vegetation. Queen Erina sat in the carriage with two soldiers seating as she thought of the events that took place and what was going to happen next. Xavier had really gone to great lengths to ensure his land was much secured. To trick people in their search for Mirari, he created an invisible wall that made people get lost while they moved in circles searching for a place their eyes can't see unless a native helped them.

In no time she saw the place take its form. As they moved on she saw the castle standing tall with majesty and splendour boasting the great artistic skills of its people. There was once a time when they would use the front door and dress for a celebration in there but after that battle she swore never to step on their land and not have them step on Elphyne either. Yet now, she stood in their dungeon.

A tall man dressed as though he had being in a party walked in along with a few guards. "Erina", he acknowledged, "it's so nice of you to finally join us. After all these years, do you know why I brought you here?"

"I let you walk away after destroying everything. Why couldn't that be enough for you? You know something Xavier, with every passing day you become more of the beast you are than anything with a heart. Conquering kingdoms has become a favourite pastime of yours that won't work on Elphyne. You killed my guards and then dragged me out of my land all for what?" she asked him.

"I'm sure I did not just drag you out of Elphyne, I did more than that. I thought you would love the company so I took your key men as well." Xavier told her as some people were brought in and put into the neighbouring cells. Erina gasped as she saw all twelve members of her council being brought in. "Tell me something, Erina, you had enough time to get away so why didn't you?"

"Unlike you Xavier, I don't just run to save myself. I have people who look up to me for their safety which comes before anything else."

"Yet, here you are, you in a cage with them, of course." He said gesturing towards the other people taken along with her. "And quite a number of your people dead. How do you intend protecting the rest of them as well as these people who look up to you?"

"You can't possibly comprehend that".

"Luckily, I'm not so eager on that today so let's go straight to the point, Erina, we can't spend time chit chatting while we both have kingdoms to run. Tell me where you hid her."

"Who?"

"Years may have passed but that doesn't mean she's been forgotten. Don't tell me you've forgotten your own daughter." Xavier asked her.

"I have no idea of whom you are talking about. We all know she died that day."

"Is that so?"

"It's nothing but the truth".

"Then why did you run to that room before you got caught?" he asked. "That very move was all I needed to know that she still exists. You tried to warn her about your situation but you were too late."

"I'll never tell you. Do your worst but you will never get near her".

"That's unfortunate. You'd sacrifice your council and villagers held hostage for one girl?"

"No. Because we know what you want her for and we'd rather die than let you get near her."

"Such bravery!" Xavier said as he turned to leave.

Thrace approached Xavier once he got out of where Queen Erina was and enquired if she had spoken.

"She's quite difficult." Xavier replied.

Xavier was a cunning man and Thrace knew even if she didn't speak now, she'll have to sooner or later. To be precise he had never seen his King lose before but this was a matter of great concern, not only were the fairies of Elphyne greatly involved but other Kingdoms and people would be against King Xavier's plan. Then again, the King never cared about any of those opinions or people who would gang up against him.

Thrace was almost surprised when he walked in to Queen Erina's bedroom to find she was not there. It meant that Xavier's prediction was right as he expected her to rush to warn her daughter first. Instead she put herself to greater danger when she met a number of soldiers waiting for her. When they finally checked the room, it was useless as it was only there to warn the Princess and looked more like a green house.

Thrace was in charge of Mirari's army and although things like these were not his usual tasks, the King was very particular about this one. He wanted the Queen, her key men and a few other hostages.

Later on, Thrace led Queen Erina to another cell where a kid who judging from his height and size may have been getting near to his teen years. He had his head covered. Queen Erina was beyond shocked as she looked at the boy and the other men with her in the cell. They were going to execute the boy.

"You are a bunch of callous bastards who take pleasure in causing innocent people pain." Queen Erina said bitterly.

"Believe me, I'd rather not do this but I'm a man who really loves his sleep, yet I just spent an entire night getting you here so if this is the kind of persuasion you want, it's fine by me". Thrace told her as the boy whimpered.

"He's just a child." She said barely controlling her temper. Turning her face away, she knew what she was about to do was something she would definitely regret but if she acted with intelligence she would be able to get them all around this safely. "I demand to speak to Xavier at once"

A few minutes later she was in front of Xavier in a hall. "What sort of person takes children as hostages?" she asked him.

"Let's put that behind us. He's still alive, isn't he? Instead let's talk about the real reason that put you in this position in the first place".

"Are you ever satisfied with what you've done? You killed Thelonus and I have not laid my eyes on my daughter for years. Now, you ask me to tell you of her whereabouts?"

"Your husband Thelonus and your daughter's predicament were both choices he made without me influencing. Where did you send her?"

"I'll tell you but only on one condition. You shall return her in one piece without any harm coming to her".

"I give no promises, Erina, but I will do my best to let her go well and able, on the condition that she complies".