Chapter 8 - Other Half

Start from the beginning

"Ever heard of a word called thanks?" He retorted.

But when I walked back into the room my eyes landed on the clock. His eyes following my eyes landed on the clock too.

It was thirty past ten.

We both went to my room where the diary was. I opened the page, took a deep breath and then read what it said out loud.

"Dear Archer,

I am sure you did what you were told. Another thing I am sure about is that you had fun. It's your birthday the day after tomorrow, how about one more fun thing before that huh? The way I look at it, everything has two parts. Two halves. And now I am about to tell you the other half of what you did last night. I am not sorry for making you all do this because you are doing this on your choice, aren't you? When we are done with the diary I am sure you will know what  fun is. Kierra Juniper. I am sure you know her, she's the popular queen bee. I am sure she is happy with the fame now that I am gone, she was always second to me though. If not always, then almost always. I want you to take revenge on her for me Archer. Go as far as you can, because trust me she deserves it

Love, Eve"

"Dude, I have so many questions about this one" Harry said once I was done.

"I just have one" I said, still eyeing the paper "How does she know about my birthday?"

It took us quiet a while to think of a way to take revenge from Kierra. I did know about her just like Evelyn had said. She was also right about the fact that she was the queen bee of the college now that she was gone. 

And that made me some sort of angry. I believed that the popularity and all the fame belonged to Evelyn. That's why I was eager to take the revenge on her too.

"Archer, don't you think we should at least know the reason that we are taking revenge on Kierra?" Harry asked.

I wanted to tell him that no, we were doing it because Evelyn said so. But a part of me -- the sensible one -- told me that he was right and it was obvious that we should know the reason behind the act we were going to do.

Suddenly my house's phone started ringing.

I picked it up wondering who could it be. And the voice from the other sound surprised me.

"ARCHER BRYANT" A rough voice spoke from the other side of the phone and I flinched, bringing the phone away from my ear for a moment before I turned it on speakers so Harry could hear it too.

"I know it was you. You bloody nerds, just wait. Just wait till I get my hands on you guys. You guys are dead meat" He shouted.

I gulped. Chad Alger was mad for sure.

I didn't know what to do so I did what any other sane person would do in a moment like this, I cut the call by putting the phone down.

"We are so dead" Harry said, and I couldn't agree more. 

It was late noon now and we still didn't know what we were going to do about Kierra.

"Look, I know that we must get the revenge" I told Harry.

"We can not get it without a reason Archer. That makes us very dumb" Harry informed me.

"I know. I know but how will we know the reason? Evelyn never told us" I asked.

"That's what I'm trying to figure out" He said.

"I must do it" I said.

"Well" Harry shrugged "I must get food" 

He walked downstairs to my kitchen, opening the fridge. I followed him out of the room.

"Don't your parents ask you why you are not home at all lately?" I said.

"Lately? When I was even home" He smiled, taking out the milk carton and pouring some for him in the glass.

Then suddenly, the door bell rung.

To this day, I believe that all the stuff that we did and all the mysteries and questions we solved related to the diary were all by the answers of god to our prayers that we never even made. We never prayed, but he heard us.

Walking out of the kitchen, with Harry behind me with the glass of milk in his hand I made the way to the door and opened it.

And right there stood one person that could answer all our questions and tell us all that we needed to know.

Marilyn Brown.