"Brave, Princess," Bellamy smirked. Bellamy looked over and met Andromeda's eyes; they were just about to grab her when out of a bush, came Finn.

"Why don't you find your own nickname," Finn called out, "You call this a rescue party? We should split up cover more ground. Clarke, come with me." With that, he and Clarke left the rest of them alone in the forest.

"Spacewalker thinks he's funny," Andromeda growled at the pause in their plan. Bellamy looked over at her and glared with her and the two of them stalked off into the forest with Murphy and Wells behind them.

Somehow, Andromeda will never know, she was stuck with Murphy to look for Jasper.

"So how did you become such a bitch?," he tried to make conversation.

"Wouldn't you like to know?"

"Come on now, sweetheart."

"Don't call me that!"

He put his hands up defensively, "Alright, Alright. Just trying to talk about something."

"Oh yea? And what's your story? How did the little asshole John Murphy from school turn into a homicidal dick?"

He paused with a catch in his step but answered her nonetheless, "I got the flu. My father stole medicine that turns out wouldn't have helped anyway. My dad got floated for it and my mother, she started drinking pretty heavily after that and the last words she said to me before I found her in a pool of her own vomit is that I killed my father."

Andromeda didn't know what to say so she opted to show no mercy.

"Well you won't get any pity from me."

"I wasn't looking for any," he spat, "Just trying to pass the time. Plus, at least I'm not a murderer."

After that, they didn't say another word to each other. They continued on looking for signs of Jasper in the underbrush. Andromeda knelt many times to inspect broken branches or look at various footprints. None of which, indicated that Jasper or Grounders had been there. She was about to give up hope when Clarke burst through the trees saying they found something.

The rest of the group gathered around Andromeda and Finn who were tracking the blood through the forest. She had some on her fingertips and looked for more on the ground and in the bushes. They heard a moan echo over the trees. They all looked around to see where it came from. They pushed through the branches and the undergrowth to see shirtless Jasper tied up to a tree like a lamb had been lead to a slaughter.

Clarke ran forward to reach him but before she could make it ten steps, she disappeared from sight. Bellamy rushed forward and caught her around the wrist. For a few tense seconds Clarke dangled there over the edge. Andromeda could have sworn that Bellamy was about to drop her into the pit but something inside of her begged him not to let her go. After that moment's hesitation, he pulled her up.

Once Clarke had caught her breath she said, "We need to get him down from there."

Andromeda pointed at Finn and Murphy, "You two climb up there and cut him down."

They nodded and made their way to the tree and began climbing.

"Why would they string him up like live bait?" Clarke asked.

"Maybe what they're trying to catch likes its dinner breathing," Bellamy added.

"Maybe they were trying to catch us," Andromeda muttered.

Last One Standing ➣ Bellamy Blake [Book 1]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें