"You really think so?"

"I know so." I smile back, linking my arm with hers and leaning my head on her shoulder then fixated my eyes to the sun that was beginning to set over the water.

"Everything's going to work out Rae." She whispers.

I inhale a deep breath and close my eyes, trying my best to believe those words that I've been telling myself for so long.

"I hope so Spence, I really do."

We finally arrived to civilization and found our taxi waiting by the parking lot, we all went over to the trunk and piled our suitcases in, then piled ourselves into the back seat.

I was being dropped off first, and I was excited because really, all I wanted to do was run to Jaime and jump in his arms then stay there for a while not wanting to let go.

"First stop." The driver says.

I pull out my wallet and hand him a twenty then said goodbye to the girls before making my way to the trunk to pull out my suitcase and duffle bag, "Bye guys!" I say one last time sending a small wave to the girls in the car as I walk up the small driveway to the door of my two story apartment.

I unlocked the door and pushed it open only to be greeted by a very happy Max running and jumping on my leg, tail wagging graciously and tongue licking my skin in his own way to say 'Welcome Home human!'

"Hey boy!" I say bending down to his level to scratch behind his ears and receive numerous amounts of licks to the face.

"Why thank you!" I say with a laugh, "Now where's daddy?" I ask getting up and looking around the empty living room and kitchen.

"Hime?" I call out getting silence in response.

I take a hold of my luggage and carry them up the stairs with me then open the door to the bedroom looking around and seeing the room dark with no human civilization whatsoever besides myself of course.

"Hmm" I hum a scrunch to my eyebrows as I try to think of where my boyfriend could be.

I decide to call him only to be met with his goofy voicemail, I hung up before the tone could beep signifying to leave a message.

Arianna: Where are you?

I text Jaime in hopes of getting a response only to be disappointed and a bit on the defeated side.

Assuming he was just out to get food or something I decided to take a shower and release myself from the travels of today, meaning ocean water and the smelly guy that came up to me on the boat to ask if I wanted to catch a movie with him sometime.

Judging by the small group of guys he was with and the strong stench of alcohol dripping from his breath I could tell he was either dared or really desperate from some type of love any girl could give him, and it was not going to be me, of course I sent him on his way with a pout to the lip and a very defeated ego that his friends laughed at when he rejoined his group.

I poured a generous amount of shampoo onto the palm of my hand and began to lather it through my hair, the smell of coconut filling the bathroom, next I scrubbed down my body and shaved my legs, ridding them of the light stubble that was trying to make a home, nope, not on my watch.

I exited the shower and wrapped a towel around my hair and body then retreated to the bedroom, still empty of course, don't overthink it Ari.

I dressed myself into a pair of shorts and a black shirt then pulled my hair out from the towel then tied it into a messy bun before going over to the bed and climbing in, not feeling hungry at the moment I relaxed into the pillows and turned on the TV flipping through the channels and stopping at the movie Edward Scissorhands.