Chapter Fourteen.

Start from the beginning

"You reminded me to kill you for that." Ameerah frowned.

"Are you that scared to talk to him? Or nervous?" Umulkheyr continued with her teasing.

"We are getting late for the function." Ameerah said dismissively.

"Sure. Whatever you say, Yasser's bride." Umulkheyr laughed as Ameerah blushed deeply.

The duo made their way downstairs to the function. The inner Majlis hosted the women while the outer Majlis hosted the men. They found Asiya sorrounded by aunts who wanted to give her 'advice' for her new home and criticizing her for what she lacked as a wife. Society will never change.

"Ameerah." One of her aunts called out to her.

"Yes, aunt Humaimah?" Ameerah sighed awaiting the list of errands she will be sent.

"Go help Imran with the orders." Her aunt told her.

Ameerah sighed again as she went to the front door. Her aunt, Humaimah always wanted Ameerah to get married to her son, Imran. If Zubeir never came to her life, she was sure she'd be married to Imran by now. Zubeir came as a lesson, regret, pain, saviour and also mistake. Imran was just an year older than her and as soon as they both hit puberty, aunt Humaimah had started their wedding preparations but then Zubeir saved her from her aunt's clutches but he was a bad phase and a mistake she learnt a lesson from. If Zubeir hadn't happened she wouldn't be marrying Yasser. That was the only good thing that came with Zubeir. Imran was now married to his highschool sweetheart and the cousins were still in good terms.

"Salam, Imran." Ameerah greeted her cousin.

"Salam. Glad to see you back." Imran smiled. "And fine."

"So," Ameerah diverted the conversation out of her past. "Aunt Humaimah sent me here."

"Sorry on her behalf." Imran sympathised.

"I can help though." Ameerah smiled. "I'll serve, you take them to the Majlis with Faris and Amir."

"You are a life saver, Amee." Imran smiled as he took off to fetch said brothers.

Ameerah started serving the biryani dish while one of the chefs served the starters. It was she was on the third raw did Imran return with her step brothers.

Together they finished the serving of the lunch in twenty minutes and soon the men were taking the served food to the Majlis. Ameerah went back to the women's Majlis to see her younger sister-in-law still sorrounded by aunts who wanted to put their opinions across.

Ameerah sat next to Umulkheyr, Sabrina, Alia, Salma and Hayat. The five women were in deep conversation when Ameerah arrived.

"Aunt Humaimah?" Alia asked, concerned.

"Aunt Humaimah." Ameerah confirmed. "So what were you guys talking about?"

"Um, Rina wanted to see the pond by the far end so we suggested you should take her since we all have stuff to do." Alia replied at edge.

"Okay?" Ameerah asked suspiciously.

"Yeah just that." Hayat said quickly.

"Why do I feel like there is something else going on?" Ameerah raised her brows.

"There is nothing going on, Amee." Sabrina told her confidently.

When Ameerah still looked around suspiciously, Hayat raised the chicken she was eating.

"The chicken is amazing isn't it? Yeah? It's totally amazing. I think Yasser will appreciate the cook too if he tastes this chicken." Hayat ranted.

"Haha. Very funny." Ameerah said sarcastically but didn't press the matter.

The group of six women ate their lunch in silence and just awkward small talk here and there. After the meal, the hired maids started taking away the utensils while the chefs served the deserts.

Sabrina pulled her bestfriend outside where Amir, Faris and Imran were busy passing desserts to the men's Majlis. Ameerah noticed Sabrina and Amir having a silent eye conversation.

"Is someone crushing on my twin?" Ameerah asked teasingly.

"What? No....I mean, What?" Sabrina chocked on her words.

"Well I saw a connection." Ameerah smiled.

"Um, it's nothing. Show me the pond." Sabrina said awkwardly.

"This way, My Brother's Crusher."

"Cut it off." Sabrina shoved her.

"Sure, okay. Sure." Ameerah laughed as she lead the way to the pond.

The way that lead to the pond was stone stair sorrounded by old trees. The cool breeze brushed over their faces as they descended the leaf filled stones.

"It's beautiful." Sabrina breathed. "I thought this whole country was desert."

"It was made a couple of centuries ago. I think early the seventeenth century."

"It's truly beautiful." Sabrina complicated.

They walked in silence around the pond lost in it's beauty. Near the pond it was very cool and since it was during winter, it started to get quite cold.

"So, Ameerah, am really sorry for this but kill me later. It wasn't my idea though. It's...." Sabrina was cut off.

"What are you saying?" Ameerah asked.

"Yasser is coming here. Actually he is here." Sabrina whispered just so that she could hear.

Ameerah turned, searching.

There stood her fiancée in his signature white thobe and Ghuttar looking absolutely gorgeous. She shifted her eyes to his companion, Amir and Umulkheyr.

"Asalamu 3aleikum, Ameerah." The smile melted her heart.

Amir, Umulkheyr and Sabrina were dead once she was done with this surprising meeting.

****************

Comment, Vote, Fan, Follow.

Walima- derived from the word awalam literally means gather or assemble. Is a small party like a reception to mark a new beginning, new home.

Much love, BG.

Aishah.