Glow

Isn't the cover just beautiful? Look! It's THEM! Hopefully it'll attract some more readers..

Sorry about the wait, anyway. I've been distracted (got some pretty bad news about an old friend) and haven't had time to come up with a new chapter. The song to the right, well. I suggest playing it when...ya know, when things get good. ;)

My sister showed me the song. Though I suspect, lesbionayy that she is, she only clicked on the song because of the chick on the screen. Still, this song is awesome. But doesn't that girl look sooo relaxed? It makes me sleepy. And insecure. She has no fat...

ahem. Anyway.

Enjoy!

_________________

So far, we've been incredibly fucking lucky. The Bloods by some miracle haven't killed us- and according to River, nobody gets away from them. People who have taken way more extreme measures to get away from them still got caught in less time than we've been running.

But this game of cat and mouse that the gang seems to be playing with us is taking a major toll on me, and it's been barely three days. I'm not used to needing to run from someone, and trust me. Being constantly on edge, knowing a very strong deadly group is after you, and knowing that at any time they could appear and attempt to end your life- it's mentally and physically exhausting. I feel like I'm walking around, waiting for them to bust in and shoot.

We were in the hotel room, which was a little overly air-conditioned, but otherwise a luxury compared to the other places we've been lately. It had a king sized bed, multiple windows, purple curtains, and a beige couch near the bathroom door. There was even a tiny kitchen area, with an empty fridge and a few cabinets, and a microwave. River had practically cried when he paid the cost of staying the night here, but what else are we going to spend the money on? Tourist shirts? No.

I was in the kitchen area, preparing our sandwiches from the gas station. River and me both agreed that it would be a good idea to stay safe and sound in the room instead of going out to eat lunch or dinner, so we're stuck here until morning. And I get bored fast.

River was sitting on the bed, on the phone with Presley. Plates in each hand, I walked over to where he sat. While I was bent slightly, to sit his plate next to him, River quickly took the opportunity. He leaned over, reaching up and gently tracing his fingers across my cheek and along my jaw, making me shiver slightly. He smiled at me, mouthing a thank-you for the food, before I walked away to give him time to talk to Presley.

I hopped up onto the counter to eat my sandwich, taking the biggest bite possible. I had to be losing weight; we hardly seem to have time to eat. I peered at River, inspecting him. He didn't seem  to look any thinner. Same old perfect body. Honestly, the only differences I've noticed in him are these; first, he was becoming more and more of a familiar person to me. This trip has been getting us closer, obviously. I know more about him now.
Second, was how he acted. Nothing about River's personality has changed, but with me, he seems to be different. I mean, he's.... sweeter. Before, any moments I had with him were just physical connections, and I knew nothing about him. He was intimidating because of how much of a stranger he was. Now though, he's been doing all these little things, like flashing a small smile when he caught me looking at him, or what he just did thirty seconds ago.  That thing, where he just lightly, absentmindedly touches me. I've noticed that with River- he's done that a couple times. 

I admit though, it's kind of nice. It's like a little reminder that he's here.

But, it's just hard to explain. River's just slowly becoming someone I know.

"No, there's still enough." River sighed into his phone, swallowing a mouthful of his sandwich. "Actually, no, we haven't been much saving. Viva swiped a bunch of cash from the register at the motel, which is the only reason why I'm not worried about running out yet."