Chapter 1❤️

The days are getting harder to bare, the sites that where once beautiful are now covered in blood and guts of millions of innocent people. The smell is overselling but you get use to that after a while. Everything has changed and I hate it.

"Emma, I'm scared" Porter whispered to me. We were hiding in a tree, he was hugging the life out of me. If we move they will hear us and there is way to many for me to handle and keep Porter safe.

"Shhh, it's okay it will be over soon I promise" I calmed him, slightly rocking him in my arms.

This isn't a place for someone his age. He has seen so much in the past 8 months, he is going to be scared for life. I never thought that this would be my life at 20. I had finally just made a life for me and Porter and this happens taking all that away from us.

The groans off the endless number of lame brains faded away, no longer seen. "Hey look, we can get down now. I'll go first and then you okay?" I told him as I repositioned myself so I was able to jumped down.

I looked up at Porter and smiled lifted my arms up so I could catch him.

My heart jumped a little as my thigh started to hurt. I looked down to see that an arrow had skimmed past my leg leaving a deep cut. "Shit"

I turned around to see where it came from. "Who's there?" I shout loud enough for someone close by to hear. *SNAP* I looked to my left to see a man standing there with a crossbow in his hands.

"Why did you shot at me?" I asked him, folding my arms over my cheat.

"I thought ya were a walker, trying ta get the boy" He told me.

"Do I look dead to you?"

"Not anymore"

"Can I come down now?" Porters little voice piped in. I limped a little walking back to the tree. I reacted up and he jumped down to me, letting me catch him safely. I set him down and looked at my leg which was still bleeding. I sighed and took the bag off my back and took out a t-shirt and ripped it and wrapped it round my bare leg adding pressure.

"Does that hurt? Your gonna die are you?" Porter looked at me with  fear in his eyes at every that came out of his own mouth.

"No, no, I'm fine. It doesn't even hurt" I lied though my teeth but I didn't want to scare him even more.

The man was still standing there just looking at us. "You two on your own?" He finally spoke up. I nodded looking up at him. "I hav' a group, ya can come with me but I hav' ta hunt. So follow me and be quite"

"We don't even know your name"

"Daryl, you?"

"Emma and this is Porter" I answered. I looked down at my little brother. "What do you think? Should we go with him?"

He nodded and said "Yeah, he can help me protect you" I just laughed and grabbed his hand and followed quietly behind Daryl.

(A/N: How was the first chapter? Please let me know what you think and thanks for reading)