Three: Back To Hogwarts

Start from the beginning

I grabbed Soot- the black cat that Hagrid had given me for my birthday - and carried her and my trunk down the stairs. Then I checked my watch. Eight minutes had gone by.

Now I was wondering if that was truly from Neville. What if it was a killer? What if it was Snape? Oh Merlin, if it was Snape, I'm dead. 

If you haven't noticed by now, I have an extreme case of anxiety. I stress over every little thing, from homework to walking straight. 

Then there was a knock on the door. I think I might die of fear. Uncle Vernon got to the door before I did. "Who are you? What are you wearing?" He asked furiously. I tried to look at who it was, but all I could see was the edge of a black robe. Uncle Vernon was too, erm, large for me to see past him. 

My Uncle hated any wizard or witch, because they weren't perfect. To him, witches and wizards were dumb and foul. He hated anyone who was more powerful than him. 

"We're here for Draco." An unfamiliar voice said. 

Uncle Vernon gritted his teeth. "I asked who you are! Draco? I'm afraid I don't know who you're talking about."

I saw two familiar faces at the doorway. "I'm Neville, and this is Luna. We know you have Draco, because this is the address you gave us and he's right behind you." said Neville cheerfully.

"These are Spectrespecs. They help me see the Nargles." Luna said. "Oh no, you've got quite a few Nargles in your head."

Neville saw the expression on Uncle Vernon's face. "We're here for Draco." He said quickly.

"You already said that." Uncle Vernon said. Aunt Petunia walked in at that moment. "Vernon, who's at the- get them out of here!" She screeched. 

"Draco! Get yourself and your crackpot friends out of my house, this instant!" Uncle Vernon shouted.

I stiffled a laugh, and came down the stairs. "Good bye Uncle Vernon." I said quickly, and ran to the other side of the street, Neville and Luna right behind me.

I hugged both of them. "It's great to see you guys!"

We all exchanged hugs, and then sat on the sidewalk. "You're so lucky you don't have to live with an uncle like him."

"I don't know if I should be offended." Neville said, referring to when Uncle Vernon called him a crackpot.

"Don't be, Uncle Vernon thinks everyone is a crackpot." I said. "So, How are we getting to King's Cross?" 

"Well, we're going to get rides on thestrals and broomsticks that my dad lent us. So, Broom or Thestral?" He asked me.

"Ladies first." I said turning to Luna. "Which do you want?" I already knew the answer before she said anything, because Luna and I had been friends for five years now.

"I want a Thestral!" Luna said, and got on to the nearest one. She wasn't very good on a broomstick.

"I'll take a broom, not that there's another option." I said, grinning. Neville handed me my old broomstick, and we took off. 

We soared up into the air, going in between the clouds. Every human always wants to be able to sleep on a cloud. I don't know why. It wouldn't hold your weight, and it's wet and cold.

The wind blew through my hair as I soared in between clouds, making sure I could see buildings down below. My face was chilled as I flew through a cloud. My clothes were wet. I shivered.

"We're almost there Draco." Neville said, after about ten minutes.

"Alright." I shouted back.

"What? I can't hear you!" Luna shouted.