Killer and Hunter

Scream ran until she left the city. Looking back, she thought she heard the echoes of a fight. She took a step back towards the city until she remember the older child in her arms and looked down at her.
She looked back and forth at the city, which she lived her whole life in, and the barren woodland that surrounds the city. (Never been to New York, sorry if I'm wrong) Walking into the woods, she constantly looked around. Her host felt very uneasy in these woods, but she kept on moving forwards and deeper into the woods.
Once she thought she was deep enough and well hidden she decided to build a shelter. Setting the child down, she felt the chilly winter winds blow through the trees. When she was done there was a small shelter that was weaves of branches and covered with leaves. Winter was coming soon and she hoped that there would be no snow. Leaving a trail is something they don't need. As she set the child in the shelter she noticed that the uneasy feeling growing dramatically.

Scream's POV

My senses had gone wild. Something very close to us was setting them off. I looked around I couldn't see anything but trees and wilted flowers. Nothing around us looked dangerous. I walked around the shelter and scoped the area. I've only felt this feeling of danger once before. What was it? I stopped at the entrance of the shelter and I sat down next to Rachel. Feeling the wind blow through our shelter and I sigh. At least the weather will be cold enough to hopefully sustain Rachel's temperature.
I felt her shift more and I look at her. She moves more and groans when she sits up. I help her sit up and she rubs her head.
"Where are we?" She looks around then sees me "Who are you?" She growls at me
"Stay calm Rachel. Don't worry, my name is Scream. It isn't safe in the city at the moment, so I took you out to keep you safe." I explained to her
"Where's my dad?" She calmed down a bit
"Making sure that the city is safe. We will return tomorrow to see how it is. I told him if we don't return in two days to send out for help."
She was silent then looked around "What's that?"
"What is what Rachel?"
"There's something out there... Phase wants us to leave." Rachel says and tries to stand but her legs gave out. I put my tentacle hair out and caught her gently setting her down.
"We shouldn't stray too far from the city." I warn her and I look around and see that a tree seems to be closer to the shelter then it was before. No... I remember now, what it shouldn't be. I gulp down my own saliva and stand up. "Rachel... Stay at the entrance. We might need to run..."
"Run? Why?" Rachel questioned crawling to the edge of the entrance of the shelter using her weak legs
I crawled cautiously closer to the tree. As I got closer to it my senses were screaming at me. I reached out to touch it and it started to morph into every symbiotes worst nightmare. A Xenophage. I ran to Rachel and quickly scooped her up. As I ran I felt the hot paralyzing spit just miss my legs as I weaved my way through the trees. As I ran as fast as I could the ground was a earthquake as the monster bulldozed the trees down, breaking them with it's monstrosity of a body. We looked everywhere to hide, but the monster was to close to us it would notice where we would go before we would see it.
I started taking sharp turns trying to get into it's blind spots or hoping the monster would get dazed and stop or for it to hit enough trees and get knocked out or we could find a thick part of the woods so it's feet would get tangled.
I didn't even know where we was running. After running a bit more we didn't hear it chasing us any more. I stopped and looked back. The creature was no where to be seen. Maybe it lost it's appetite in us. I looked around trying to find it until Rachel pointed out that the monster was surrounding us in fire. All of the ways out were blocked by fire and the one spot free of fire was blocked by the monster.
In the trees, I noticed a small spot in the treetops that the fire just started burning. I gulped and tightened my grip on. Than made a run for that small spot of hope of escaping that wasn't towards the symbiote killer.