"You're welcome, kids!" I cried. "Keep up the good work! Gotham is safe with you two around!"

We skipped away, or at least I skipped. Jimmy was totally in character, trying to keep the smiling and laughing to a minimum (though that in itself was practically impossible). Everybody had a great time with it, chuckling as we ad-libbed and scooped piles of candy into their outstretched hands. A couple people looked at us suspiciously, but I guess that's just life. Some people will never trust you, even if you're giving them candy and a smile.

We didn't stop until well into the night, probably some time around 10. By then, we were all over social media, the mysterious candy team. No one had guessed who we really were, though - at least not yet.

We were back at his place getting ready to watch something spooky when Adam sent me a text.

"J-Jimmy?" I stuttered. He strolled back into the movie room, carrying a large bowl of popcorn, still in his Batman costume.

"Huh?" he asked, sitting down next to me.

I grabbed his arm and showed him the message.

"'We're moving the tour to January'?" he read aloud and gasped. "That's so soon!"

"I know," I replied, eyes wide. "I don't know if I'm ready yet."

"I don't know if I'm ready yet," he muttered, looking around for the remote.

I texted Adam my concerns and he waved them off with his British words and demeanor. Josh and Tyler have to move it up for personal reasons. I've spoken with their agent and I think this is best, too. We've decided to start marketing next week and sell tickets in early November. Rehearsals will begin late December.

"Late December?" said Jimmy. He scrunched up his nose. "Like....Christmastime?"

"Must be," I reasoned, sighing.

"I wanted to be with you for Christmas."

I smiled weakly and kissed his forehead. "I wanted to be with you, too," I said. "Maybe the practices will start after Christmas."

"Yeah," he said quietly, forcing a little grin, "maybe."

We marathoned Signs and The Village before calling it quits. We wouldn't dare go near The Sixth Sense - at least not for another year or so. Yet even in Jimmy's extremely comfortable bed, I couldn't fall asleep. He was snuggled up close to me, arms around my middle, face tucked into my neck, but I was staring at the ceiling. There were too many things to think about, too many worries to sift through in the dark. I thought he was asleep until I felt his eyelashes blink against my skin.

"Are you awake?" he whispered.

"No," I joked.

"Dang it," he chuckled. He readjusted his position, little goosebumps no doubt appearing wherever his nose traced against.

"Why can't you sleep?" I asked.

"I don't know," he said, "I guess there are lots of reasons."

My mind wandered back to dinner at The Four Seasons. Why hadn't he asked me yet? Had he changed his mind? Did somebody talk him out of it? Did he care the same, or had it all faded for him?

"You still love me, right?" I suddenly blurted.

"Still love you?" he said softly, sounding slightly offended. He untucked himself from my neck and, keeping his hands on my waist, sat up slowly. He was leaning over me, hovering just above my chest. We were eye to eye. "How could I ever stop?" he whispered, half-smiling mischievously, one eyebrow slightly higher than the other. He leaned down and kissed beneath my right ear, letting his chest rest on mine, sending a flurry of heat to my face. He leaned back and kissed my lips before releasing the pressure off my lungs by returning to his former position.

My heart had stopped. We had never been that close before.

And it was killing me.

"Don't worry about the tour," he whispered, as though I could possibly be thinking about anything other than the fact that his torso had just been on top of mine. "Just live in the now - right here. With me. Okay?"

What does tour even mean? What is my life?

I sighed, an attempt at lowering my heart rate (an attempt, might I add, that failed), and then let out an obligatory, "Okay."

I felt him smile. "Good. See you in the morning."

"Mm-hmm," I replied, his kiss still on my neck, his weight still on my lungs, my heart still pounding like a hammer between them.

A/N: Hello lovely falpals!! :) Just thought I'd let you know I've added a picture of Nat to the first chapter & a picture of Salt to the third. I'm working on Adam right now, but once he's finished I'll let you know. :) I used photoshop and several different pictures to 'create' Natasha - this is basically how I've been imagining her to look. Thanks so much for reading and have a Merry Christmas!! <3