Chapter 33

It was early. That was all I could tell. The phone had woken me up, ringing loudly into my right ear. I was about to finally snap out of my delirious, tired state to pick it up when he reached across me and answered it first.

"Hello?"

I looked up at him and almost ruffled his messy hair. His eyes looked tired, even in the dark. I hope nothing's wrong.

"Yeah, that's totally fine. Don't worry about it."
His eyes found mine and he smiled a bit. I smiled back and did a little wave, which he returned.

"Mm-hmm. Okay..don't worry about it, Higgins. That's what friends are for! Uh-huh," he laughed, sending little goosebumps up my arms, "I agree! Okay, okay - bye!" He hung up the receiver and started getting settled back into bed.

"Higgins?" I said, voice scratchy.

"Mm-hmm," he replied, laying down close to me. He slipped his arm around my waist and buried his head in my neck, his breath giving me more goosebumps.

"What did - what did he need?" He was beginning to distract me completely, giving my collarbone one slow kiss.

"He was just asking if it would be alright to bring Emma Stone on the show in a few weeks. He wasn't sure," he laid his head on my chest and I finally gave in, playing with that mess he calls his hair. "They still have to plan even though I'm not there, which is kinda freaking them out since I'm usually the one that does all the heavy lifting," he laughed again and I couldn't help but smile. I love that laugh.

"What time is it?"

I checked my phone. "5:38."

"Mmm," he hummed, kissing my skin again. "What time did you say we needed to get ready?"

"Whenever. I mean, as long as we're out the door by 8:30, we should be good."

"Is that so?"

I chuckled. "Yep."

"Huh," he whispered, "then let's go back to sleep, Mrs. Fallon, while we still can."

Mrs. Fallon. I can't believe it's not just my old email password anymore.

My eyes were shut, but I couldn't fall asleep, not with the most adorable human on the planet curled up so close to me. There were too many things to think about - too many things to smile about. On top of it all, we would be going to Disney World in a few hours. I was going to show my favorite person around my favorite place. It was almost too good to be true.

The minutes ticked on until finally at 6:15, I gave in. I kissed my snoring husband on the forehead and carefully tiptoed out of bed, a sudden rush of cold air engulfing me the minute his warm body was no longer pressed against mine. I hurried over to the suitcase, scooping up some clothes from the front pocket, then scurried into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me as quietly as I could.

I turned on the faucet and shivered, hoping the water would be ready quickly. While I waited, I spun around to examine myself in the mirror; the second I saw my reflection, I burst into silent laughter.

For starters, my hair was an absolute wreck. For our wedding, it had been hairsprayed to death into a fancy braided hairstyle; one day later, it was a massive tornado of black, strands sticking up in various places, all of them sticky from the hairspray. My face was tired, eyeliner slightly running down my face (though not too noticeably). I hadn't taken my makeup off before bed, because, well...I didn't have the chance.

Anyway.

I chuckled and turned to the shower, hopping in with hopes it would be nice and hot. Warmth once again flooded my skin as I leaned into the steady stream of hot water, dousing my sticky, awful hair until I could lather it with the hotel's shampoo (which had Mickey Mouse on it) (this only made me more excited). I was rinsing it all out when I suddenly realized I must've forgotten to lock the door, since I'd heard it open and close.

"You abandoned me."

I laughed. "Aww I'm sorry, Jimmy!" I said, stifling more laughter. "I was too excited to go back to sleep."

I heard him chuckle and it made me smile more.

"I've got a towel ready for you."

I sighed. "You're ridiculously sweet - you know that, right?"

"Just trying to keep my pretty lady warm," he quipped. I stepped onto the bathroom rug and he wrapped the towel around my shoulders, kissing me on the cheek the minute we got close. "So where are we going first today?"

"Epcot," I said. "It's a family tradition to start there, so it's only natural that we do."

"Cool! I'm so excited, Tasha!!"

"Me too!"

"Do you think I'll get to meet Mickey Mouse?"

I laughed. "Only if you're good the whole day!"

"Aw man," he said, "I'll never meet him!"

A few hours later, we entered the park, hand-in-hand, guided by a V.I.P. tour guide to minimize crowd hysteria and such. I would have preferred to show Jimmy around on my own, but with our combined celebrity statuses it would have been impossible.

Our day was still wonderful (of course). People waved at us every now and then as they spotted us in the crowd. A couple girls actually teared up at the sight of Jimmy and stood frozen, starstruck by his mere presence. We managed to hit every ride we wanted to and then some, and were happily situated in the England portion of the World Showcase for the firework show.

"You know what?" Jimmy said, leaning against the railing.

"What?" I replied.

"This has been one of the best days I've ever had."

The first firework shot into the sky and Jimmy's eyes lit up, rivaling the brightness of the colors in the clouds. "Whoa!" he cried, reveling in the magical sight. I slipped my arm around his waist and he smiled at me briefly, his attention so caught up in the firework show. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and kissed me on the head. The fireworks meant more to me that night than they ever had before; it was as if every beautiful feeling within me was being projected in the sky, and everything was finally perfect. All was well.