Ready, Set, WAIT!!

Start from the beginning

"Yea!" We practiced until we both got it. I got it first, surrounding Naruto with my clones.

"Ha I win!"

"Aw no fair! Shadow Clone Jutsu!" Suddenly all my clones and I were surrounded by Naruto clones. I looked at Naruto and he smiled.

"Awesome!" I hugged him. We were both all dirty and sweaty from training. I heard footsteps and sensed familiar chakra.

"Uh Hika-chan is something wrong?" I nodded.

"Someone's coming. Get rid of your clones." We did a hand sign and the clones went up on smoke. I hid behind a tree after telling Naruto to stay in the open as bait. Then the person appeared in front of Naruto. I grabbed a kunai and jumped on their back, making them fall to the ground.

"Gah! Hika-chan that's Iruka-sensei!" I looked down to see my sensei glaring at me.

"AH! I'm so sorry sensei! I didn't realize that chakra was yours!" I climbed off him and put my weapon up. Sensei stood and looked at us carefully.

"What have you two been doing out here with that scroll?" We smiled.

"Training," we said together. Sensei looked surprised.

"Why?" Then I remembered my mission.

"Sensei, Mizuki told Naruto that if we could master one jutsu from this scroll, we could graduate!" I said happily. "Sorry I forgot to come tell you earlier. Guess I failed my first mission huh?" Then I sensed them. I kicked Sensei and Naruto out of the way as a bunch of kunai hit me and where they had just been.

"Hikari!" they both yelled. I coughed up blood as I struggled to stand. I pulled one out of my arm and looked at the tree to see Mizuki talking, but I couldn't hear him clearly. I heard something about the demon sealed inside Naruto, but I knew about that.

"And that little bitch over there is your demon partner." I stared at Mizuki and then at Naruto. He was staring at me and I could see our mistreatment from the village pass through his eyes. Iruka was yelling something at us but I couldn't hear. I had a demon in me too? What was a demon partner? Then my brain registered a new pain in my leg. I looked and saw I had stabbed myself with the kunai I had pulled from my arm. Suddenly I was back to reality. I saw Iruka had protected Naruto from a giant shuriken and was talking about how sorry he was that he hadn't been more like parent in his treatment of us. I pulled the rest of the kunai from my body and ground around me and ran to my Sensei. I threw the kunai at Mizuki, who was spitting things about Iruka not caring about me and Naruto. I saw some hit him while he dodged the rest.

"Naruto," I whispered. He looked up at me and nodded. Then we ran. We ran in anger and in fear, our hands joined the entire time. How could they keep that from us? At least tell us why we were treated the way we had been. I felt Mizuki and Iruka behind us and pulled Naruto behind a tree. We held the scroll between us. I just wanted to be strong like everyone said my parents were.

"Those demons won't hesitate to take advantage of that scroll," Mizuki said.

"You're right," Iruka said. I clenched my teeth. Of course he didn't care about me. No one seemed to. Damn it all...

"But they aren't like that." I snapped out of my thoughts. "Naruto and Hikari are exceptional students. They know human suffering, but they work hard to over come that."

"I was going to save you for later, but I'll just end you now!" I jumped in front of Iruka and caught the weapon as Naruto kicked Mizuki in the face.

"If you ever mean to harm Iruka-sensei again," Naruto started.

"We'll kill you," I finished, growling. He glares at us.

"I'll take you kids down with one hit!" I smirked and heard Naruto chuckle. He glanced back at me and nodded.

"The we'll return is 10,000 fold!" we shouted together. Mizuki laughed as we preformed the jutsu.

"Shadow Clone Jutsu!" Suddenly thousands of our clones were surrounding Mizuki. He started sputtering and freaking out.

"What was that about one hit?"

"Over here Mizuki!"

"No? Then we'll come to you!" All the clones along with me and Naruto jumped at Mizuki, all of us punching him once. When we were done and the clones were gone, Naruto and I looked at Sensei sheepishly.

"Heh guess we over did it," Naruto laughed while scratching the back of his head. I laughed a little too and looked to see Sensei smiling at us.

"I'm so proud of you two." He opened his arms and we ran in for a hug. I heard the air rush from his lungs and I heard him hiss slightly in pain.

"That's all we wanted," I whispered and I felt Sensei's grip tighten on me.

"Now I have a surprise for you two, but you have to stand up and close your eyes." We jumped to attention with our eyes closed tight. I felt Naruto grab my hand and I felt heat rush to my cheeks for some reason. Maybe it was the hard work finally catching up with me. I heard Sensei messing with Naruto's hair, and after a few minutes, I felt him untie the ribbon in my hair. I felt a heavy cloth take its place.

"Sensei, can we open our eyes yet?" Naruto whined. I heard Sensei chuckle.

"Yes." I opened my eyes, blinking at the sun that was now in my eyes. I saw that Sensei didn't have his headband on and I looked at Naruto. My eyes widened as I saw a headband where his goggles had been. He looked back at me and his eyes widened too. He cautiously reached out and brushed his fingers along the fabric and my hair. My face heated up again as his fingers brushed my ear.

"You have a headband," I whispered.

"You do too," he said. We both looked at Sensei, our hands still clasped. I felt tears run down my cheeks as I heard Naruto sniff. Then we tackled Sensei, crying our thanks like babies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright guys how's this looking? Yes I do plan on Hikari falling for Naruto in the end, but some interesting things are going to happen before that ;) Please vote and comment!

Hikari: she doesn't own Naruto! only me!