Prologue

Liam POV

Louis and I were snuggled up in bed, me reading my favourite book 'The Hunger Games' and Louis looking at me intently.

"Okay, what's up?" I asked, pushing his hair out of his face.

"What do you mean?" he asked, looking down nervously.

"You've been staring at me for ages, it's weird" I said, frowning.

"Can I not stare at my gorgeous husband" he said, giving me a cheeky grin. I rolled my eyes.

"Just tell me, Lou" I said, genuinely worried now for him.

"Okay, don't freak out but, look, I love you so much, and we've been through so much, and we were childhood sweethearts, and just...." I gestured with my hand for him to make his point.

"I wanna adopt a kid, Li" he said, looking at me directly in the eye.

His bright blue eyes gleamed with happiness as he looked at me, making my stomach flutter in happiness. I was feeling ecstatic because I had been thinking the same thing for ages, yet, I didn't have the guts to talk to Louis about it.

"So do I, babe, so do I" I said, calmly.

"You....you do?" he asked, timidly, which was unlike him.

"Yeah, I have wanted to for ages, but yeah, I really do, I think we can be parents" I said, smiling inside. He pulled me closer and hugged me, our chests close together. I smiled widely, thinking about having a child running around the house, calling me daddy. I sighed in bliss.

*7 months later* (still Liam's POV)

I felt an arm wrap around my waist from behind. I turned around to see Louis looking at me, grinning like a madman.

"Seriously Li, the cushions are fluffed up enough, just chill out, okay" he said, taking the pillow out of my hand and putting it on the couch.

"I know, I'm just nervous, this is the first time we're gonna see our kid, our little boy, I want everything to be perfect" I said, leaning into Louis' touch.

"It will be, once he's here" he replied, pulling me closer to him.

Just then, the doorbell rang. My eyes widened. It was finally happening. After 7 long months, we finally had a son. Louis and I walked to the door, before I opened it, revealing something we didn't expect: three little boys standing hand in hand, a short, willowy woman standing behind them, holding three backpacks.

The one on the left was Harry, the one we were going to adopt. He had brown curly hair, and gorgeous grassy green eyes that shone brightly. He had a small smile on his face, contrasting to his big grin with dimples we had seen from the photo we had seen of him, but he looked the most confident out of the three, and he was perfect nevertheless. The boy in the middle was the tallest and looked the oldest. He had blonde hair, and bright blue eyes, similar to Louis', which made me smile. He was scowling, looking at me and Louis from left to right. The boy on the right was the smallest, and looked about one or two at the most. He had dark, almost black hair, and stunning hazel eyes. He looked shyly at the boy in the middle, and then gave us the most adorable look I had ever seen.

"Mr and Mr Tomlinson, can we come in, I have something I'd like to discuss with you before leaving Harry with you" she said. I nodded and let her and the kids in. I was confused at why there were two other kids there as well as Harry. Louis gestured for her to take a seat, the kids sitting next to her.

"Well, I know that obviously you applied to adopt Harry in the first place, however there is a problem" she said, a nervous look on her face. I titled my face and frowned in confusion.

"What kind of problem?" Louis asked, looking as if he was trying to hold in his anger.

"Well, you see, Harry has formed an incredibly close bond with these two other boys here, Niall and Zayn, and he is refusing to live with you if they can't come as well" she said, looking at us hopefully.

I heard Louis sigh in relief, probably thinking that she was going to say that we couldn't adopt Harry, which would have broken our hearts. But this, this was a massive shock. Adopting two other boys. I had no clue what to do. Suddenly, Harry stood up timidly.

"I want to live with you, because I want a home, but I'm not going without Zaynie and Ni" he said, raising his head up firmly, a hint of sassiness in his movement. I smiled inwardly, Harry reminding me of Louis slightly.

"We'll do it" Louis said, confidently. I stood up and told the woman that we needed a minute to discuss it. When we left the room, I sighed.

"What was that Lou?" I asked, annoyed that Louis had just agreed without consulting me.

"I'm sorry, but I don't want to lose Harry" he said, looking at me pleadingly.

"Where are they going to sleep? And how are we gonna manage three kids?" I asked, seeing the logical side of the situation as usual.

"We'll manage, Li, and you know what, I knew that I couldn't let any of them go when I saw Harry giving me a heart-breaking, dimpled grin. And don't get me started on Zayn, and his eyelashes and he's got puppy dog eyes, like you Li, I don't want to let any of them go now" he said, practically begging.

"And Niall?" I asked.

"I know he'll probably take some time, I mean, I could tell from his scowl that he wasn't happy to be here, but, he's a kid, he's a beautiful kid, just like Harry and Zayn, and we could give them a home" he said, bringing his hand to my cheek. I lost my breath just then.

I wanted to adopt them as much as Louis, I agreed with him, totally. But I had to think logically, didn't I? I was extremely unsure about my decision to be logical, when I looked at Louis to see him on the brink of tears. My stomach lurched, feeling upset that he was feeling that way. I pushed away the logical side of me and brought forward the other side of me. The side which wanted to adopt those three gorgeous kids, to be happy, to be a family.

"Okay, let's do it" I said, feeling happy at that moment for my decision. Louis looked ecstatic and wrapped his arms around me. I knew it was going to be hard, but as long as we stick together, we could do this. Family. That word sounded amazing.

Heyyy my lovelies, here is the prologue, hope you like it. Please comment on what you think of it. I am literally loving writing these stories, so I hope you enjoy reading them <3