Chapter 3

RECAP OF LAST CHAPTER:  

"Please, stop!" I screamed as he began pulling down my thong with his left hand and making circles on my inner, upper thigh.

"Shh- Em-" Duke started as he was swiftly interrupted by a new voice I had never heard before that instantly comforted me.

"I believe the pretty woman asked you to stop." A deep Russian voice growled as I peeked over Duke's stature and caught a glimpse at the most enthralling man I had ever laid eyes on.

CHAPTER 3:

"And you are?" Duke questioned as he turned around and stood right in front of me, blocking my movement.

"A man who makes sure he has a woman's consent before he touches her intimately," the Russian voice smoothly replied. I could hear his footsteps on the porch coming closer and closer, but I was unable to see what was about to happen until Duke stumbled backwards, pushing me hard into the fence of the porch.

Regaining his balance, Duke clenched his fists and looked at his opponent head on.

"You wanna fight?" Duke asked mockingly, "I'll show you how it's done in America."

Duke had circled out of my way so I was finally able to take in the beauty and powerful aura that illuminated from this man.

He was laughing at what Duke said. His toned arms were bulging through his suit. I could also tell that his body was just as defined as his arms. I found myself almost drooling at the sight and was immediately embarrassed when I looked up to see the breathtaking man gazing at me. A blush crept onto my pale cheeks as I stared right back into his brown eyes and noticed him looking at me with rage.

Caught off guard by his rage towards me, I was startled when Duke lunged across the porch, knocking my angry savior to the ground momentarily. I could tell he was not fazed at all from Duke's push by the way he stood up easily, brushing off his suit and cracking his neck in the process.

"I didn't want to do this in front of such a beautiful lady," he spoke as he cracked his knuckles with a look that screamed "I'm here to kill" painted across his face. Continuing, he faced Duke with even more intensity as he added, "But it looks like you are giving me no choice."

The man threw the first punch at Duke but Duke dodged it and smugly glanced back at me. The look he gave me had me wanting to leave the fight. Something was stopping me from leaving though. My mind and heart were in a battle as I watched the fight happen in front of me. My mind was begging me to get out of the cold and find Nora, while my heart was commanding me to stay and thank this masculine Russian fighter.

It was not long before Duke was bleeding from his face after several more punches were directed towards his chin. The attractive man was winning the fight with ease and whenever I thought Duke might be giving up, he kept finding the inner strength to preserve.

'By the end, I hope Duke is begging for the guy to stop,' I menacingly thought.

My train-of-thought was quickly interrupted by another face I have never seen before. He had rugged, blonde hair with a slim body dressed in a black suit. He stepped through the screen door and onto the porch with a mixed look of terror and horror on his face. He quickly spotted me standing near the fence of the porch and moved around the fight to come near me.

'Why are so many people I don't know at this party and why are they all insanely good looking?' I internally groaned as the blonde leaned against the fence railing behind me.

"Hey," he whispered to catch my attention. My head flew towards him at the sound of his Russian accent.

"Do you mind explaining to me why these two characters are fighting?" He asked with a confused look on his face.