Even I'm starting to see the ridiculousness of this situation, but I won't comment on it.

"Now you're just being proud, LT."

The porter is laughing at the two guys I call friends and I'm not sure what to make of the whole thing.

Eli is still refusing to get in the wheelchair when the doctor returns tothe room. He takes one look at the guys and says, "It's hospital policy, Lieutenant. You need to ride in the chair to the door, in case something happens and you sue the hospital."

"Get me some paperwork to sign to say I accept responsibility if anything happens to me, but I'm not riding in the chair. I draw the line there."

Arrow almost sings, "And this is why he's the negotiator..."

Then Arrow turns his attention to me and asks, "Dani? What do you think on this matter?"

I'm shocked, "Me?"

"Yeah. If anyone can make Eli do something, it'll be you. What do you think he should do?"

Oh no. That's not fair. He can't make me answer something like that. That's setting me up to get in trouble. I think I see a smirk on his face and I'm not quite sure how to respond to that.

"Cut it out, Arrow. Leave Dani out of this. I'm your  CO and I make decisions for myself."

Arrow chuckles, "You're just scared she's going to tell you to get in the chair. You know you'll do anything she says..."

Everyone is laughing, except Eli and I. I'm so totally confused by this whole situation and if I didn't know Eli any better, I'd think he looks slightly embarrassed right now. But I do know Eli and he doesn't get embarrassed. He admits he gets worried but he's never said he's been embarrassed.

He mutters, "Not cool, Arrow."

That just makes Arrow laugh even harder, which causes Eli to turn to the doctor and say, "Get me the paperwork please, doc. I'm not getting in the wheelchair. I'm fully capable of walking out of here. Let your porter help someone who needs it. Thanks for the concern though."

Eli sounds like he's trying hard to be polite, when he really just wants to get out of here. When the doctor doesn't leave the room, Arrow turns more serious.

"Seriously, doc, he isn't getting in that chair. Trust me on this. You need to go get the paperwork for him to sign. He's a stubborn old goat..."

I've been pretty silent through the whole exchange, but I gasp at that. That isn't a very nice thing to say. I frown and I'm totally confused when Eli laughs. Ok, so I really don't understand people. Arrow just called him a goat and he's laughing? People are actually very strange.

It isn't long after that when we're at the front doors of the hospital. Eli takes a deep breath once we're outside.

Tough Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें