10

*SIERRA*

The camera was charged, the bench clean, and the sun shining perfectly. I could feel butterflies in my stomach before Julian even arrived. This is the last picture I need for my project, and it'll probably be the one I have the most difficulty with because I'm so freaking nervous.

My phone started vibrating in my pocket and I gulped before answering his call. "Hello." I said.

He was quiet for a second before saying "it's me."

I laughed at his Adele reference and shook my head. "Yes Julian?"

"Oh, I'm outside."

"K, I'm coming."

I hung up and put my phone down on the bench next to the camera. I walked to the side of the house to unlock the big white gate that acted as a door to the back yard. I spotted him standing by the mailbox, with his hoverboard.

"Julian!" I called. "Back here!" I waved my hands until he saw me and then he rushed over.

"I didn't see you. Hey."

I wasn't expecting a hug so I felt a little awkward, but a good awkward.

"Ready for your close up?" I asked.

"Yup." He laughed. "I sure am."

"Alright then let's do this."

He followed me over to the bench and waited patiently for me to make sure all the camera settings were right.

"Okay, now...I'm sorry if this is a little awkward."

I kneeled down in front of him and put the camera lens extremely close to his left eye.

"Okay. Look up." Snap. "Look down." Snap. "To the left." Snap. "To the right." Snap. "And last one, just look straight into the lens." Snap.

I stood back up with the camera strap around my neck and brushed off my jeans.

"Thanks." I told him.

"Wow. I know you said it'd be fast, but I didn't know it would be that fast."

"Oops." I laughed. "Do you wanna see em?"

"Yes please."

I sat beside him on the bench and we looked over the pictures together.

"I think the one when I look to the left looks the best." Julian told me.

"Seriously?" I was shocked. "So do I."

"Cool."

I nodded and turned off the camera and put it back in it's bag.

"Do you wanna hang out?" He asked me. "I seriously have nothing to do today."

I looked down at my hands and shrugged. "Yeah sure."

"Wanna try the hoverbard again?"

"Oh what the hell." I laughed. "Why not?"

We walked to the front of the house and once again, I stepped onto the tiny, but terrifying vehicle. Julian was prepared to catch me, but after calming myself I didn't need his help. I was confident. I spun around once and it was fun.

"Okay, I'm done. Quit while you're ahead they say." I told him. I was about to step off the board when I suddenly sneezed and threw off my balance. I stumbled off the board and fell when I felt my ankle twist. Tears formed in my eyes when I felt the burning sensation on my hands which slid across the rocky concrete.

"Sierra! I'm so sorry!" Julian panicked, crouching beside me. "Are you ok!?"

I felt warm tears roll down my cheeks. "Yes. I'm ok."

I tried to stand up and sat back down immediately. "Ahh. My ankle."

I grabbed it instinctively and winced when I felt the pressure of my fingers. All I did was blink and then I was off the ground, in Julian's arms. Wow. This isn't embarassing. He carried me into my house and sat me on the counter next to the sink in the kitchen. All I could focus on was how badly my hands burned.

I looked down and saw both palms smeared with blood. I bit my lip. "Ow."

Julian grabbed a paper towel and wet it with a little water. I closed my eyes and clenched my teeth when the wet towel came in contact with my first palm.

"I know, it burns. I'll do this quickly. I'm so sorry. It's all my fault."

"No, it isn't." I squeezed my eyes closed harder. "I'm just a baby. Ugh it burns."

He cleaned my second palm and I felt like an idiot when I looked down and saw that there was only a single scratch on each palm.

"Do you have ziplock bags?" He asked.

"Yeah. That drawer." I pointed to one below the toaster and he took one out and opened the freezer to fill the bag with ice.

He wrapped the bag in a dish towel and carried me to the living room couch.

"Keep your ankle iced."

"Do you wanna be a doctor...or?" I joked.

"No, I have a cousin who falls a lot and I usually am the one to patch him up. I think your ankle is just sprained. Just stay off of it for today and keep ice on it."

"Yes sir, Doctor Jara." I laughed.

He sat next to me on the couch. "I feel awful. I should go."

"No please don't. I'll be so bored. Stay, I'm sure we can find something to watch on tv."

"Okay, I'll stay a little longer."

I smiled. "Thank you."

He placed a pillow on the coffee table in front of me and told me to put my leg up. Lilo and Stitch was just starting on Disney, so I sat back and started watching it.