5

*JULIAN*

After eagerly waiting for last period to come, it finally did, and I wasn't stuck in the locker room. Coach Murphy told us that we don't have to start dressing out until next week and that today is a free day. A bunch of people were out on the basket ball court throwing around footballs, actually playing basket ball, and hitting tennis balls against the walls. Luckily when I spotted Sierra she was sitting in the bleachers, I didn't feel like playing anything.

"Sierra." I said, climbing up to her. "Hey."

"Hi Julian." She smiled and moved her backpack from beside her and put it in between the next bleacher.

I sat next to her and put my backpack by my feet.

"How's your day been?" I asked her.

"Pretty good...I only got lost twice!"

I laughed at the enthusiasm in her voice and she laughed too.

"How was your day?" She asked.

"Ugh. I want summer back." I sighed.

"Yeah...same, but at least now I feel productive. I spent way too many hours watching Netflix, I'll never admit the number to anyone." She giggled and shook her head at her own shame.

"Netflix is bae." I shrugged. "So I don't blame you. Hey, I never asked. Where did you move from? Another part of Florida?"

"No, I'm from New York actually."

"Woah." I said, shocked. "That's a big change."

"Yeah." She shrugged. "My parents have always wanted to live here, me too. So since my sister was the only one against the idea, my parents decided to make the move once she was settled in College."

"How old is your sister?" I wondered.

"18."

"And you?"

"17."

"Cool." I nodded.

"How old are you?"

I gulped. "I just turned 16 last month."

"No way! I just turned 17 last month, when is your birthday?"

"July 20th."

She huffed. "Darn. Mine is July 14th. It'd be so cool if we had the same day, but different years."

"Yeah." I agreed.

Her long curly hair was in a huge bun that sat on top of her head, she looked adorable. I guess I looked at her a little too long because she cleared her throat and adjusted her posture.

"So. What grade are you in?" She asked.

"I'm a junior."

Thank God, the awkwardness was gone.

"Oh cool, you only have one more year. Do you wanna go to college?"

"Mmm." I hesitated. "I think so, but I don't know where. What about you?"

She smiled and looked down at her hands as she spoke. "There's a photography school in New York, my sister goes there. It's my dream school. I've applied, but I'm scared I won't get in."

"You will. I'm sure you will." I told her.

She looked at me and smiled. "Thanks. If that doesn't work out then I've applied to like 3 schools here in Florida. Have you ever heard of USF?"

"Yeah." I nodded. "Everyone wants to go there."

"Yeah. It's a really good school. I guess I'd be happy going there too."

"But...you'd rather go to the school in New York?"

She laughed. "Of course."

"I bet you'll get in. They'd be crazy to deny you."

"Thanks Julian. That's really sweet. Soo...enough about me. I wanna know about you. How long have you lived in Florida?"

"My whole life." I sighed.

"Do you like it here?"

"Eh, I guess."

For the rest of class we got to know eachother, it was just so nice to be talking to someone who didn't already know stuff about me because they've watched me on YouNow.