six

I push open the door to James' house as Sophie struggles to walk behind me. Music's blaring, bodies are dancing and the drinks are flowing. I make my way into the kitchen, mixing Sophie's speciality cocktail and grabbing a glass of water for myself. I find my way back to my best friend, putting the drink in her hand and taking a sip of my own drink. I sit on the couch as I watch my friend disappear into the sea of grinding bodies. I sit back, making myself comfortable. This is going to be a long night. Its only 11pm but I know I'll end up dragging Sophie home waiting for the lecture to follow.

"Hey" I hear a familiar voice. I jump up from the couch slightly as the person sits beside me. "So you probably think I'm stalking you-"

"That's kind of what it looks like Sam" I laugh.

"But I'm not. My friend- Kenny, from the diner- is close with the family of the guy who's house this is. I came for moral support. I had no idea that you'd be here."

"And the instagram picture?"

"Came up on my explore"

"I don't know what that is" I laugh. I'm so out of it with technology.

"I forgot you're a technology virgin." He says over the loud music. "And by the looks of it, an alcohol virgin"

"I have work tomorrow" I shrug.

"At the diner?"

"No in a hotel in the town centre." I don't know why I'm telling him all this, I barely know him.

"Maybe I'll accidently turn up there too" He smirks. I frown at him. "I'm kidding. I think you need a break from me."

"I don't mind it. You're cute so its not a complete drag"

"I'm cute huh?"

"Oh you know you're cute. I'm sure your 1.5 million followers will agree."

"So you figured out who I am?"

"You gave yourself away liking Sophie's picture."

"You stalked me huh?"

"You've been stalking me this whole time" I groan. "You know a lot more about me than I do with you"

"Then what shall I tell you? I'm 20, I started out my career in this thing called magcon where a group of boys-"

"Funnily enough I know what magcon is" I interrupt. "Sophie has a younger sister who's obsessed with you viners"

"So you know I'm a viner"

"I did a little research on the way over here" I shrug.

"Were you hoping to bump into me?" He says moving slightly closer.

"You wish" I roll my eyes playfully.

"I wanted to see you" He shrugs. "How could I not? You're beautiful. I've never met a girl with brown hair, tanned skin and beautiful blue eyes like yours." He says coolly.

"Thanks" I smile. There's something about this boy that just makes my unable to stop smiling. I wonder if he has that affect on other girls?

"Anyway, where was I? Uh, I started out my career in magcon which my best friends Jack and Jack invited me to join. I kind of piggybacked on their growing fame until I could get somewhere myself. Now I have 5 songs out on iTunes of my own as well as featuring in a few of Skate's. Got some music videos out. You'll learn all this on Monday. That's pretty much it really, what about you?"

"Uh I'm a singer, dancer, writer, artist as well as working 3 jobs" I shrug. It feels like all I talk about is Zach and work and school. It's because I can't do anything else.

"You sing? What styles?"

"Anything really, mainly pop and country"

"Can you rap?"

"I can try?" I laugh. "I'm not good at all but hey, practice makes perfect"

"I look forward to witnessing that" He laughs. "So what's with all these ugly decorations?" Sam asks, looking around the house. James' living room is lined with Santa statues, coloured Christmas lights and handmade paper snowflakes.

"It's Christmas you Scrooge" I laugh. "Christmas is my favourite time of year"

"Why because all of the presents you get?" He rolls his eyes.

"I haven't had Christmas presents for 7 years" I say bluntly.

"Well why is it your favourite time of year?" Sam says shifting awkwardly.

"Look around. Can't you feel the love that everyone has for each other? Christmas is a time of giving; not only presents but love, warmth and happiness." I smile.

"That was so poetic" Sam laughs. "But I guess I know what you mean"

"What's your favourite thing?" I ask innocently.

"Probably the traditions. Like that." He says pointing upwards. A small spring of mistletoe hangs above us. I look back to Sam who smirks at me.

"Did you put that there?" I ask. He shrugs playfully.

"It's a Christmas miracle" He shrugs, totally my playing it cool.

"I'm not kissing you Sam. You're going to have to try harder than that" I smirk.

"Looks like I'll be the one doing all the work this week." He smirks back.

"You better not focus all your efforts on getting me to fall for you. 1. It won't work and 2. It's my work experience and I need this" I laugh.

"Straight up. I like it."

"Get used to it because I don't tend to sugarcoat things."

"You can sugarcoat me anytime" He slurs.

"Is that your best pick up line?" I outburst with laughter.

"Nah baby, I've got better ones" He smirks, making me realise he's a lot drunker than I first thought.

"Here, drink this" I tell him handing him my glass of water. "You'll thank me in the morning." I smile before getting up from the couch and walking away from him.

It's sweet that he's trying but I really mean what I say. It won't work. It's can't work. My future depends on the next week and I can't get tied down with boyfriends. I have no time to juggle another piece in my never ending circus trick. Viola doesn't do love. That's it. Fineto.