CHAPTER 4

☆★☆★☆★☆★

Selena arrived at the Subway at the right time, she asked for the table they rent and she sat. " Brian is always late " she thought. Luckily Justin arrived with just five minutes late. Selena saw him at the entrance, so she immediately looked away and pretended to haven't seen him. " Why is Justin here? He doesn't like Subway! " thought Selena who was worried. She didn't want to meet him; she threw her table napkin on the floor and she lowered her head so that he couldn't have seen her.

Justin asked for the table rented by "Mallette" and the waiter, who knew everything, pointed the Selena's table. He was a little bit surprised because Pattie, who actually wanted him to not be late wasn't there. When he was near the table he recognised Selena's hair and he stopped.

< What are you doing here? > he asked. Selena immediately raised her head, and starred at him.

She was truly upset.

< What are You doing here?! I'm waiting for Brian!> she nervously explained without looking him in the eyes.

< Well, I'm waiting for my mom > Justin replied. He was confused.

< oook! So leave my table please! > exclaimed Selena, now she was really upset!

< there's a problem > said Justin < this table is the one I rented >

< that' not possible! Waiter! please, can you tell him that that's my table?! >

< Mrs Gomez I'm sorry but this table was booked for you two. The ladies told me that. I'm sorry, I can't do anything..> admitted the waiter. Selena was getting hysterical while Justin was just confused.

< Ok so, may I have another table? > asked Justin

< we're full. I'm sorry.. > the waiter was lying as Pattie and Mandy asked him to. Then he left. Justin and Selena were now - together alone -.

Justin thought that maybe his mom wanted him to stay with her. Even if Justin didn't want to admit it, deep inside him, he loved Selena as the first day they dated. And though he wasn't good at maths, he knew how to make 2 + 2 and he decided to seize the moment and jump on the occasion.

< I'm sorry Mrs Gomez > he premised with a joking voice < but I'm pretty hungry and I'm not able to change the table. If you don't appreciate my presence, you can easily leave >

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" what happens if they leave each in his own way? " texted Mandy to Pattie, she was worried about the possible reaction Selena could have had.

" I'm sure Justin won't let her leave " replied Pattie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Selena was really hungry; so she decided to eat something with him. But she was angry with her mom: that was a low blow.

They ordered what they wanted and then they felt in a deep silence. The Subway was pretty noisy because of all the people, but it didn't matter: no one opened mouth.

< I heard the new single > said Justin while starring at the floor < It's pretty. I mean.. i-it's cool. > He was embarrassed, Selena knew it because he was stammering.

< thank you > and she smiled. < will you come to my marriage? >

< ehm... yes. I mean, if you want and.. if he wants > clarified Justin, Selena nodded. < Josh should be really grateful > he continued, now starring at the food.

<I'm sorry for before.. I've been a little bit immature.. at the end, I like to eat with you > she said. Then she looked in his eyes.

< sometimes we all can be immature.. > and he smiled, now returning the gaze.

She was embarrassed even more. Then her phone started ringing, both looked at it. It was Josh, they both knew it. Selena thought it wasn't appropriated answering.

< you should answer > affirmed Justin.

☆★☆★☆★☆★