Chapter 26(before chp. 27&ending)

Cam picked me up in his moms jeep, and we drove off to the hospital.
The ride was silent until cam finally spoke, "do you think he'll make it?"
"I fucking hope so." I looked out the window at the houses passing by. And then at the highway dividers.

When I got to the hospital I went up to the front desk.
"May I hello you?" The lady asked.
"Yes, my name is Violet Briarcliff, Dr. Fhilip called me in about Tate Langdon...?"
"Ah, yes, here, I'll get Julie to lead you down." She looked over her shoulder and yelled "JULIE!!!!!" A petite young woman came running up to her with a frightened look on her face.
"Y-yes Burta?" She stuttered.
"Take Violet to Dr. Fhilip's room.
"Y-yes Ma'am.." She huddled past to, around the desk, and to me. "Follow me please. "
She walked down a long narrow hallway that was filled with hunched over people.
"Right in here." She said, turning around and pointing to a door labeled Dr. Fhilip Russle- Ph.D.
"Thank you," I mumbled.
I knocked on the door and heard a man yell come in.
I opened the door and took a step in.
"Hello? I'm Violet-"
"I know who you are Miss Briarcliff, please," -he gestured towards a seat- "have a seat." He looked about 60. He had natural black hair with gray spots. He had a long gray and black beard, along with a long, twisted handbag mustache.
"How is he? Is he okay? Oh god... Is he dea-" I chocked out a son and covered my mouth. Tears spiking over my eyes, I look at him.
"No, he's okay..." His eyes dropped down to a document in front of him.
Can made a noise behind me and it seemed as if Dr. Fhilip had just noticed him.
"Oh! Hello! In sorry. I didn't notice you... Who are you?"
"Oh! I'm sorry. This is Cameron. He's my ride."
"Oh, hello Cameron. I'm Dr. Fhilip. Have a seat." He gestured to the chair next to me, and can sat.
"You are friends with Tate too, I assume?" Dr. Fhilip asked him.
"Yes. We were very close."
"Okay. Then let's talk. Shall we?"
"Yes." I folded my hands on my lap and raced my self for the news.
"You are both aware that Tate tried to kill himself, yes?" We nodded our heads. "Okay. Let's say the bad news first." He took a sheet of paper out from a medical folder and looked over the notes. He frowned, looking them over again.
"Well... Your friend- Tate- he is, welp, he's in a coma. I'm so sorry." He looked up from the paper and looked at me.
I stared at him is shock. Can reached over and took my hand in his. I looked over at him and saw tears falling down his face.
"Wh-what...?" I whispered, tears filling my eyes. "What? A coma? How long?" The dam that was my eyes let out, and the water (tears) went rushing through.
"That's the bad news..."
"Him being in a coma isn't bad news?!" I almost yelled.
"It is- yes. It's very unfortunate. But it's not the worst news I have. The doctors expect him to be in a coma for the next 15 years...." He looked down again, probably hating his job right now.
"What!?" Cameron jumped out of his seat. He slammed his hands down on Dr. Fhilip's desk and yelled "WHAT!? ARE YOU TRYING TO PLAY SOME SORT OF SICK JOKE!?" His face turned a dangerous red color as his anger grew.
"Cam..." I whispered.
He continued his rage toward the doctor.
"Cam..." I said a bit louder, looking at the floor. Still not gaining his attention, I yelled "CAM!" Finally, he looked over at me and must've seen how horrible I look.
"Vi..." He walked over and I stood up. Tears flooding my face, taking my makeup with it. He embraced me in a large hug as we both cried.
"Can you fix it- can you fix him?" I whimpered to the doctor.
"No... There is nothing we can do... And if we were to keep him alive for the 15 years, it would make his family broke, and in tremendous debt. We'd have to cut him off eventually."
"I'll be dead... I'll be dead by then. I'm never going to see him again. Oh my god.... Oh my god..." I fell to the grounded and huddled into a little ball. I pulled my legs up and wrapped my arms around them. I put my head on my arms and cried. I kept whispering his name, hoping that somehow- somehow- it would wake him up.
I felt Cam by my side and holding me.
"Cam... I'm never going to see him. I'm going to be dea-" I couldn't finish, I was crying to hard.
"Sssshh... I know. It's okay. I'm here baby girl." I could feel his tears running onto my face.
"Why did you not talk to his mother about this!?" I yelled at the doctor. "Why!? WHY ME!?" The last part I yelled into the sky, not to anyone in particular.
"I did. She told me to talk to you... Ask you what to do..." He looked sad.
"What are my choices?" I slowly asked, standing up, still in Cameron's embrace.
"Keep him alive until his family can't afford it. Or cut him off now." He looked me in the eyes and gave me an apologetic smile.
"Can I see him...?" I asked, wrapping my arms around myself. "Please?"
"Yes. Follow me."
Cam and I followed him down another long narrow hallway. We went through a big door that read:
ICU. Authorized admittance only!
He led us to a room that had a sign saying occupied. And then slowly, he pushed the door open.
------------------------------------------------------------
Finishing this story within the next 5-9 chapters. Only 2 people read it anyway. Sorry. Oh whale🐳