Chapter Twenty-Nine- Change Of Plans

Start from the beginning

He listened attentively while I tried to explain to him.

Just a couple of minutes after, Vince pulled up at his house.

'Stay here first.' He instructed and went into the house, me still sitting in his car.

I heard a shuffle of voices and laughter. What should I say to his sister? Is she nice? Wayward thoughts clouded my head. Don't overthink it.

What about his parents? I hoped that they were not at home.

Finally, Vince re emerged from the house and opened my car door.

'You can come in. Try not to break anything.' Vince said matter-of-factly.

The first thing I smelt was the scent of chamomile tea. The house was light and airy with wooden furnishing touches.

It felt very homely and comfortable.

'This is my sister, Vanessa.' Vince said, gesturing to a girl that resembled him, though younger but still had his striking features.

I decided she was fine, if she's anything like Vince at all.

'Nice to meet you.' We shook hands and I just smiled shyly.

'The washroom is over here.' Vanessa pointed to a room in the hallway.

'Feel free to borrow any of my clothes.' She smiled as she led me to her room.

'I'll leave you girls to it.' Vince muttered and settled into a couch.

As soon as we were out of earshot, Vanessa asked excitedly.

'You're Vince's girlfriend?'

Way to be subtle. 'Kind of.' I said, humoring her.

'Oooh.' She led me to her room. Apparently, her closet was full of clothes but it was all in shades of pink.

Ugh. I didn't really dislike pink that much but wasn't a fan of it either.

'Do you have any clothes that are not pink?' I asked sheepishly.

'No, I don't.' Typical. I should have been more prepared.

I sighed. How hard would it be to pick one?

Vanessa looked amused at my state of helplessness and she handed me some clothes.

I looked at them. They don't look too bad. These would have to do.

'Thanks.' I said, trying to sound sincere and not sarcastic.

'No problem.' She literally chirped back.

Shaking my head, I headed to the restroom and was pleasantly surprised. The walls were made of marble and so was the floor. The air smelt woodsy, courtesy of the air freshener.

It was enormous. It even had a small pool in the middle. They must be pretty well-off to afford these luxuries.

Taking my time, I gently undressed and showered. The shampoo smelt heavenly and I scrubbed off all the mud and dirt from my hair.

After what seemed like a decade, reluctantly I had to leave the shower. Quickly, I got dressed in the clothes that Vanessa had selected for me.

It wasn't what I liked in general, a pink tank top and some dark pink jeans. Great, I look like a Barbie doll.

When I got out of the enormous and heavenly scented salle de bains, someone was on the bed. Lying down, in fact.

I looked upwards to meet those hazel eyes of Vince.

'What are you doing here?' I snapped, irritated that he had invaded my privacy yet again.

'Watching you stare at me.' Vince smirked, watching me blush and look uncomfortable.

'Excuse me? It's you that is staring at me.' I retorted back, but fighting a smile.

'Either way, I was sent here to check up on you showering so long.' He said with wry amusement.

'The bathroom was very... comfortable.' I complimented.

'Glad you liked it. It was built by a professional interior designer.' He said, his hazel eyes sparkling.

'Wow. You guys are really well-off.' I commented.

'Well we inherited it from our great grandfather, who was pretty much a millionaire.'

'And now we own it all. Ever since our parents passed away in a car accident.' Vince said in a hush whisper, his eyes getting darker and more secretive.

'Oh.' The shock and realization made my mouth drop slightly, but I hid it so as not to seem rude.

'I'm sorry.' I said quietly.

'Don't be, it wasn't your fault.' Vince said gently though his hazel eyes were troubled.

'So you and your sister live together?' I asked, curiosity getting the better of me.

He shook his head. 'Not really, this house belongs to Vanessa. I just drop by sometimes, usually I live somewhere else.'

'I see.' It seemed like his life was no less complicated than mine, perhaps even more.

Yet, something in me wanted to understand and know him.

'Come on, it's getting late. We should go back to your house.' Vince said, taking my hand.

I hesitated. I didn't really want to meet my dad. It would be very awkward and strange after all these years. He might even have changed completely.

'Can I stay here for the night?' I asked.

'Sure, but...' Vince cocked his head to the side, studying me.

'Don't you want to meet your dad?' He asked.

'Not really.' I admitted in a small voice.

'I understand.' Vince nodded, and led me towards a room down the hallway.

'But first, call your mom to tell her you're staying.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi lovelies! Thanks for reading. Do vote and comment what you think. Hope you like it :)
Love my readers!! Thanks for 170k really appreciate the support -Solaire