I told her that I was personally worried about economics and how difficult it was going to be. Difficult. For me. Right. But give me a break. There no way I can be live everyday life around people without concealing my vampire abilities.

After several minutes of talking, more and more people started to enter the classroom and the seats filled up quickly. Professor Steiner drew a large diagram of DNA on the chalkboard, slowly tapering off into a chromosome.

I took out my notebook and pencil from my book bag and turned to a fresh page. Tara got out her Mac and opened up Microsoft OneNote. She diligently titled the page with the date and "Biology" then subtitled it as DNA. It nice to see that someone I know isn't a slacker...

Just as I was thinking that, the classroom door opened and in came Keith, looking like he couldn't care less. The professor took the time to turned away from the board and scowled at him with the most disapproving expression.

"You're actually here before class starts." The professor placed a hand in his pocket while fiddling with the chalk in his other hand.

Keith went up one step in the class before turning back around to face the professor. I couldn't see his face, but I could tell that he had that annoying smirk due to the fact that the professor's expression hardened even more.

"I always say that early is on time and-"

"On time is late. Yea, yea, yea." Keith finished the phrase off quickly.

Wait, what? "Early is on time, and on time is late."? That's what people live by? What logic is that?

It was obvious how irritated the professor was getting with Keith's attitude. Wouldn't he be use to his behavior by now? I mean, he did have him as a student before. I swear this guy is his dad or something, since he's so hard on him. Last time I checked, professors have this stereotype that says that they don't baby their students and don't hassle them. Basically, if your in trouble of failing their class, they won't take the initiative to tell you- you have to go out of your way to help yourself. I, personally, like that form of independence.

Keith waited to see if the professor would respond with something else. He simply cleared his throat and turned back to the chalkboard to label the diagram he made. Keith continued walked up the seating levels and took the same seat next to me. He brought out a binder and a pen and I noticed the same paper of study skills that I had written up in the inside pocket of the binder. I was sort of surprised that he put it in his binder. He looked up from his binder at me with an expressionless face.

"You kept the paper." I pointed out.

His eyebrows knitted together briefly before being set back in place. "Yea..."

I nodded at him approvingly, unable to make another point about something else.

He seemed to pay a little more attention in class this time. A little. He still would ask me to elaborate on what the professor said on some occasions. Not to mention, there were only about four lines of notes on his paper. The rest of the page were doodles of cartoon characters and intricate designs. God knows what's going through this guy's head.

I nudged him at one point, when I realized his head was buried in his paper, drawing Mickey Mouse's ears over and over.

He winked and nodded to me. "I got this."