Chapter Two

Miranda sprinted down the street, trying to figure out where the local hospital was. It made it really difficult to find things when all the buildings looked the same. Crushed. Soon she came across a large sign that had read "Emergency Room" and carefully stepped into the site where the local hospital once stood. Miranda walked around looking for what Ariana would need.Thinking about Ariana's injury made her cringe. Miranda felt so bad that her friend had to go through this pain, yet she-herself didn't suffer any injurys except for a few minor cuts. After walking around, Miranda stumbled over just what she was looking for-a crutch. Now all she needed was some gauze to wrap Ariana's leg.  After an hour more of looking she hadn't found it, but she did find a few rolls of toilet paper. "This will have to do." she sighed. 

Miranda ran back to Ariana.  By now it had to be nine or ten at night. The sun was gone, and it was cold. The wind blew Miranda's hair back. She hadn't noticed how the weather had changed. She was to busy helping her injured friend. As Miranda approached Ariana's house, she realized Percy was sitting outside waiting. "What are you doing out here, boy?" Miranda patted his head.

"Miranda? Is that you?" Ariana sounded helpless. Miranda stepped into the frame of the house and started walking towards Ariana's bed. Miranda leaned the crutch against the bed.

"Yeah, Ariana it's me. I got you a crutch and toilet paper to wrap your leg."  Miranda climbed up on Ariana's bed and called Percy. He trotted over and leaped onto the bed next to her. 

"Thanks." Ariana gave me a half-smile. Her face was still red, and it was obvious that she hadn't stopped crying. 

"Here, let me help you." Miranda unraveled the toilet paper and carefully wrapped it around Ariana's leg. Ariana winced as Miranda tied it off. 

"What do we do now?"  Ariana was trying hard not to think about the situation. 

"Leave." Miranda got off the bed, grabbed the crutch, and handed it to Ariana. Miranda wrapped her arm around her for support. They started walking down the street.  

"Where exactly are we going?" Ariana smirked. 

"Hrm... Good question."