{eleven}

© 2015 by Nique Joaquin. All rights reserved.

------

"You sure you'll be fine?" I ask Vaughn for the nth time. Vaughn rolls his eyes at me, he was just about to leave for the airport and Maddox had made sure that they were escorted out.

I didn't want any funny business.

"I'll be fine, sis. Don't worry." Vaughn tells me and I sigh.

"I can't help it. You may be stupid sometimes, but you're my brother." I say, ruffling his hair. Vaughn groans before smiling at me.

"Bye sis." He says as we give each other a big hug. Maddox all of a sudden appears right by my side and Vaughn's eyes widen for a split second before he smirks at me.

Nice mark, sis. Didn't know you had it in you. I raise an eyebrow before looking over at Maddox and gawking. What... the... hell...

***

Hours after Vaughn left, I find that I'm still staring blankly at Maddox as he eats his breakfast. We were in the dining area with the rest of the pack and everyone had been staring at Maddox's low cut shirt that showed off part of the trail of hickeys I'd left him last night. Maddox sure knows how to get on a girl's nerves. We ate across each other and I watched as the other pack members whispered on and on about the hickeys and I sighed loudly.

"Really, Maddox?" I ask him and Maddox smirks at me, knowing full well that my little "revenge" backfired.

"It's not everyday my mate decides to temporarily mark me." Maddox says with a wide grin. "I'm quite proud of your fine handiwork."

"Uh huh." I say with a roll of my eyes, my phone buzzes in my back pocket and I immediately fish it out. Maddox raises an eyebrow and I sigh before showing him the screen.

He nods his head and I stand up, heading straight out into the sunlit patio to answer the phone.

"Morning, mother." I greet.

"Morning, how are you there?" Mother asks.

"Pretty good, surprisingly." I say and she laughs.

"Good, and has the Alpha been treating you... well?" Mother asks hinting with her tone shamelessly and I feel a heat rush to my cheeks, thank God Maddox wasn't in front of me.

"Mother." I say with a warning tone and she laughs even harder.

"Well, you can't blame me for asking. I only want you to enjoy each other... and to live to see the next generation." Mother says with amusement and I roll my eyes.

"I don't even want to know what that's supposed to mean." I tell her and she chuckles.

"You know, it isn't bad to surrender to him. He is your mate, Elair. Nothing wrong with staking your claim on what's rightfully yours." She tells me and I lean on the intricately made railing of the patio.

"Mother, did father tell you?" I ask and she sighs.

"Elair, I heard that you didn't feel the bond. It's not something I want to discuss out loud especially with Ender being such a hothead. You're lucky he's out training." Mother says and I sigh in relief. "But Elair, I know you. If you didn't already have feelings for this boy, you would've left." It was my turn to laugh.