Chapter 1

All the hardest, coldest people you meet were all once soft as water. And that's the tragedy of living.
- Iain Thomas

As I walked to the corner shop to pick up groceries, I noticed how nice it was to walk in the early afternoon. The cool, crisp air hit my face and not many people were about. It was also mid autumn. One of my favourite seasons.

I walked into the shop and picked up a basket I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I pulled my phone out and looked at the notification I had been sent. It was off Kyle. My boyfriend. We were supposed to have a meal tonight. But as I read through the message, I noticed it was the same as usual. He had cancelled.

'Sorry babe, can't come tonight. Boss is keeping me back. I promise we'll have our meal tomorrow. X'

It was the same thing. His boss was keeping him back. It was happening a lot more recently and he hadn't actually had time to full on, face to face talk to me for the past week. Because I no longer needed anything for the meal, I slowly placed the basket back down and turned to walk back outside. As I was walking back home, it calmed me. It was a 20 minute walk to the shop, so I had just wasted 24 minutes of my life walking to a shop for no goddamn reason. As I had just been cancelled on. Again.

I stopped at the lights and turned my head. Only to find something particularly strange. I noticed Kyle's car, it was parked down a road next to a coffee shop. I was confused. Why would he of driven 35 minutes from work to get a coffee? Yes, it looked as if it was quite a good one, but why would he do that?

Curious, I started walking towards the coffee stop to see if I could see him. It was difficult to see anything it the shop because it was dimly lit. I didn't want to stand out there struggling to look through a window, looking like an idiot may I add? So I pushed the door open and stepped it. A pleasant waft of warm air him me as the door closed behind me and I looked around to see if I could spot Kyle anywhere. Which I couldn't.

I turned around to walk back out the door when I saw him. He wasn't in the coffee shop though. He wasn't even on that side of the road. He was outside a house talking to a young woman. She looked about 19, my age and they were getting quite close. As I was about to go outside and greet Kyle. They both leaned in. Kissing. No-not kissing anymore. Full on making out.

I felt my heart slowly rip into two. It couldn't, it wasn't Kyle. He wouldn't do that. After a few seconds more of kissing. They pulled away. The man turned to walk to the road and my fear. Became a reality.

It was him, Kyle. I stood there and felt warm tears fall down my cheek. This had to be a dream. I pulled my sleeve up and pinched my arm. 'It was just a dream.' I said to myself. It was just going to be a dream. I opened my eyes only to see Kyle waving at the woman. She returned the wave and blew him a kiss.

It wasn't a dream.

Everything started to make sense, late nights at work, cancelling dates, being 'too busy' to visit, it was all a lie. Bullshït. All of it.

It felt as if I had been hit by a car, everything hurt, I ached. I felt broken. All my emotions came together and I collapsed. In the middle of a cafe. Great.

"Hey, Miss, are you okay?" My eyes opened slowly, my head was thumping and my whole body was just tired.

"Does she look okay idiot?" Someone said. A few seconds later I heard a slap, followed with a small groan and an 'ow'.

Once my eyes had fully opened, I noticed a girl leaning over me. Worry was all over her face. But I was used to this, when everything became to difficult, my body just gave up. It was quite normal for me to faint when everything became too much.

I slowly sat up, making sure I didn't make myself any dizzier than I was. I closed my eyes for a second to steady myself and when I reopened them an older looking woman, probably in her fifties, was knelt beside me.

"Hi honey. Lets get you up slowly and sat down. Sebastian, please get this young lady a cold glass of water." The woman said as she slowly helped me out. The younger girl pulled a chair out for me. I could still feel tears falling down my cheek. I must look like absolute crap.

"Thank you." I managed to say croakily. A glass of water was placed in front of me. I glanced up to find a boy looking down at me. I sheepishly smiled and he nodded.

"I'm Sebastian. And you must be?" He asked casually.

"Anne, I'm Anne." I said groggily.

"Well Anne, are you okay?"

"No, I don't think I am. Not anymore, anyway."

A.N: please give any feedback you feel is needed and let me know how many chapters to post. Should it be a short story or longer. Please let me know and recommend to others if you feel its worthy:)))

Also, I have another book which i recently published. Head over to my account to read it if you're interested!!