Christmas

You were awoken by shaking on the bed. "Mommy it's Christmas" your 5 year old daughter, Rosie said with excitement. "Merry Christmas Rosie" you said kissing her cheek. "Merry Christmas mommy" she said giggling. "Grandma and grandpa are coming, let's go downstairs." "What about daddy?" She asked. "Daddy can't be here right now, he has some things to do before he can come home." "I just want daddy here" she says sadly. "Me too sweetie." You both headed downstairs. Rosie sat in the living room and patiently waited to open presents. You were in the kitchen cooking pancakes for breakfast. *Ring Ring* You looked to see it was Zayn. "Merry Christmas love" he said. "Merry Christmas" you responded. "I really wish I could be there with you, but business has me working." "I know you're busy and I miss you too." "I'll be home soon" he says which comforts you a bit. Rosie comes to the kitchen. "Is that daddy?" She asks eagerly. "Babe there's someone who wants to talk to you" you say passing the phone to Rosie. "Daddy! I miss you", "Okay please come home soon", "Love you daddy" she says before passing you the phone. "Talking to my girls makes me want to come home" Zayn says. "Soon babe" you reply. He sighs. "I love you babe" he says. "I love you too" you say before hanging up. There was a knock at the front door and you went to go open it. Your parents came and hugged you and Rosie. Along with them they brought presents no shocker. So many presents for Rosie and they were pretty big, especially the last one they brought in. Rosie began to open her presents one by one. You recorded her and her smile never left when she was opening them. You wished Zayn was here to see this for himself but at least you have it on video for him. "Alright there is one more present left. It's pretty big and it's for You and Rosie" your dad said. "For me?" You asked. "Yes dear, hand me the camera" your mother said. You gave her the camera and held Rosie's hand. "The box says to my princess Rosie and my lovely queen y/n, From Zayn" you said with a smile on your face. "It's from daddy" Rosie said happily jumping. You both undid the wrap until it was just the box. You open the box and there was tissue paper. You and Rosie took out the paper until someone jumped up. "Daddy" Rosie screamed. He picked her up, hugged and kissed her forehead. He got out of the box and came toward you. He hugged you, carefully not squishing Rosie. You kissed him and he kissed you back. "Merry Christmas" he said. "Merry Christmas" you said giving him another kiss. "This is the best Christmas ever" Rosie said which made everyone laugh. It was true though, the best Christmas, with the people you love.