Chapter 1

? POV

10 Years Later- He is now 16

I scaled the rooftops of New York , it was midnight and the sky had a slight glow to it . I jumped up on the side of a building and looked over the city . The night was warm with a cool breeze , my jacket kept me camouflaged from any on-lookers from the streets below . I readjusted my finger-less gloves and slid my goggles on top of my head , I crouched down and kept my eyes peeled for any criminal activity .

I jumped from building to building looking for any danger, I soon took a break and sat down on the edge of a building.

It had been about ten years since I had started living on the streets.  I wanted to make a difference in the world, but you can't really do that when you are a nobody; a shadow that people see but soon forget, a monster that lurks in the shadows and causes fear, a nothing, a nobody.

Living on the streets can be difficult; you have to find your own food, steal warm clothes, find a decent shelter, and hide from your enemies.  I've lived on the streets practically my whole life, I can't remember my real family, all I remember was living with my adopted parents.  They were soon gone from my life as well.

I have definitely been noticed by the public, of course they don't actually know who I am because I never have revealed my identity.  Now I'm no hero, but I'm definitely not the villain.  If I see someone who is in trouble, I help them.  If I see something illegal happening that could end up hurting someone, I call in a tip to the police station.

My life is not what I thought it would be, but I'm glad I can make a difference in the world.  I won't be rewarded for my actions, but I can at least say that there is a lot less people who are in danger.  Everyday is a mystery for me, I don't know what will come and who will need my help in the future.

I enjoy helping people, even if they have never seen my face.  But that is going to change pretty soon, and it's all thanks to a curious grey eyed girl...

So just to be clear, Percy is '?' but I don't put Percy's name up there until he tells someone his name and I don't know when that will be so you will just have to wait and find out :)

What Percy looks like now is the picture at the top

So that was chapter one! hope you liked it!

Please tell me what you think about the story by voting and commenting!

Please follow me if you like my books!

Later BlueBerries!