Prologue

? POV

I ran through the darkness of the alleys, never stopping to look to the hell that I had escaped.  My small feet splashed through the polluted puddles on the ground.  I could feel my blood dripping down my face, my body ached as I continued running in the shadows.

Lights flashed through the alleyway as cars passed by with their lights shining bright.  My ragged breath came out as puffs and you could see in the cold air of the night.  

I closed my eyes, I could hear people talking, dogs barking, car horns honking.  There was no peace in the night, everything is like it always has been, nobody would know that there was  young boy battered, bruised, and bleeding, running through the shadows.

I climbed up the fire escape of an old building, the stairs creaking and groaning under the weight of my body.  I reached my small hand up and grabbed the top of the building, the bricks crumbling slightly in my hand.

I pulled my small body up and climbed to my feet, my heart beating overtime as I tried to catch my breath.

I looked down at myself to see what I was wearing.  I had on blue jeans that were stained with oil and blood, my black plain shirt had the sleeves cut off and where the neck hole was, it was torn.  I had on finger-less black gloves that were also stained with oil and blood.  My pitch black hair stuck to my forehead with rain, sweat and blood.  I had no shoes, so I was completely barefoot.

I looked up at the city of New York, the city was so big! but I had no where to go, I am all alone in a big world with no family.

I sighed in sadness, I just lost the only family I had ever known.  I hated seeing the fear in there eyes as they stared death right in the eye.

It was then that I realized I would do anything and everything in my power to make sure that never happened to anyone else, never again.....

That is the prologue to my new book, I hope you liked it!

Please, comment and vote

I love reading your comments, they make me happy so please comment!

The next time I will update will depend on you so let me know when I should :)

Later BlueBerries!