The Winds of Change

All italics VOC are convos between Andrew and Gracia. The ones in parentheses like '***' are Andrews and without them *** are Gracias.

Please point out any grammatical or lingual mistakes you come across.

One week. Seven days. One hundred and sixty-eight hours. And Ten thousand and eighty minutes.

I would have gone to seconds but that's a whole lot of maths for my lazy ass.

And that is how long Matthew has been away. Given we text back and forth and the intensity has only increased in the past few days yet it isn't the same.

One can assume my stage of crazy by the fact that I am missing that overpowered, sense-numbing scent of his.

And we have known each other for only a few days over this month. I am going insane.

It is so hard to provide a reasonable explanation for this. No one falls in love in just a couple of days.

But then I am not falling in love. Am I?

No...no, we just like each other. Now, at least.

As excited as I am by the prospect of him returning, I am equally nervous about it. What am I gonna say? Or do?

Continue as friends? Confess as lovers?

Will it be even the right thing to do?

What if I am misreading the situation here? What if the bond between Kyle and me is not completely broken?

What if Matthew falls into harm?

I don't want to hurt him because of my incompetence. It's not a question anymore if he likes me or I like him, but are we a good match?

What if he didn't like my true self? What if he got scared of me? What if he got disgusted and left me feeling hatred?

I don't think I can take any more rejection of any form. Not after, baring my heart open to him.

And then what about Gracia?

'Will you be okay with him as our lover? What if we find our new mate after being with him? What choices would we have?'

I asked him.

I don't know. But the pull of a mate can't be ignored easily. And I am not rejecting it again.

I nodded.

Ugh. Why is it so hard always to come to a decision? I like him and he likes me and even Gracia likes him, so why are there so many ifs and buts?

When did I say that?

'You did. You definitely did. You don't think I feel everything you feel when he is around.'

Fine! I do like him but if he is not our mate and we meet someone one day then you know my decision.

I nodded. Something in me tells me to take this leap of faith. To trust Matthew and give this chance, another chance. Also, I highly doubt my chances of finding a second mate.

"I am gonna call him."

Isn't it too early for that?

I looked at the clock. 2:00 AM.

Not really. I guess. Maybe.

Let's sleep for now. Talk to him tomorrow, it's more than a week who knows you open your eyes tomorrow and he is sitting here singing, like always.

I sighed, I could feel the hint of mockery in the tone. But it's a nice thought for now.

Laying back down I closed my eyes and tried to bring a stop to my rampaging thoughts. And only five minutes later,