Friend Zoned {2}

“We’re best friends. Practically brothers!”

                I dug my elbow into Sonnet’s side and she snickered. She had been repeating that all morning, and I was five seconds away from snatching those words out of the air and beating her to death with them.

                “Aw Benji, maybe someday he’ll return your love,” she said, slinging an arm around my neck. “You know, your wonderful brotherly love.”

                “Go play in traffic,” I said with a miserable sigh. “I’ve been friend zoned by him for years, Sonnet. It’s getting real old.”

                She pulled me in for a hug and kissed my cheek. “He’s just dense when it comes to your relationship. You know how Gideon is. Give it some time Benji.”

                “Yea I guess you’re righ- DAMMIT SONNET LOOK.” I pointed and glared.

                Gideon was at his locker, beaming with happiness as he talked to the boy leaning next to him. The boy was tall, beautiful, and totally hitting on my man.

                “Judeikas Tibbits,” I snarled.

                Sonnet made a disgusted face. “Don’t say his name like that, Benji. It makes him sound like some super rich evil villain.”

                “Because he is a super rich evil villain!” I pointed out.

                Judeikas Tibbits had become friends with Gideon two years ago. Ever since then, they had slowly become closer and closer with each other. Now I saw them starting to flirt with each other more and more often. I could see that Gideon was falling for him hard and fast, and knew I didn’t have much time until they were dating. It drove me crazy.

                I had been trying for so freaking long to date Gideon, and then this guy shows up out of nowhere and wins him over! Ugh. Sexy boys were so damn frustrating.

                Sonnet rolled her eyes and grabbed my hand. “Come on. Let’s get over there before they fall in love and get married.”

                She dragged me over to them. Gideon looked over at us and smiled. His eyes were sparkling from talking to the rich evil bastard.

                “Hey guys! Ready for class?” he asked.

                “Yea, we’re ready for class,” I grumbled.

                “Are you okay Greyson?” He cocked his head to the side curiously. “You seem like you’re in a bad mood.”

                “Gideon, look where we are.” I gestured around us. “I hate school. Of course I’m in a bad mood.”

                “Well, then let’s go fix that!” He turned and a light blush rose in his cheeks. “Bye Jude. I’ll see you later.”

                Jude watched him through smug eyes. He always seemed to wear the same cocky grin on his face, and I just wanted to slap it off.

                “I was hoping you would sit with me during lunch, Gideon,” he said.

                “When I finish eating, I’ll come sit with you,” Gideon said, and I mentally cheered. No matter how hard Gideon fell for someone, he would never let a relationship come before me and Sonnet. He would always spend time with us.