.:Going Home:.

.:Ruby's pov:.

The next morning the doctor was clearing us to leave at noon. Sapphire was in bed with Garnet bottle feeding her. I watched little Garnet drink smiling. I couldn't stop admiring our baby. I looked at Sapphire, she was so motherly now. I loved them both with my life. Garnet stopped suckling and Sapphire handed me her bottle. "Okay...let's burp you" Sapph said carefully putting her to her sholder and patting her back. Once little Garnet burped sapphire held her again in her arms. I looked at Sapphire and I kissed her and rubbed my nose against hers. Garnet made baby noises and sapphire and I smiled. "I love you" I said "I love you too" Sapphire said kissing me. I looked down to Garnet in her mother's arms. I reached for her and Sapphire handed her to me. Her eyes were open and she was looking at me making baby noises and gurgling. I smiled and I walked around the room with her then I stopped by the window. I looked out and it was a beautiful day. "I can't wait to show you this world..." I said shifting her so that she was basaclly laying on my arm with her head in my hand. I leaned down and kissed her small head. I looked over at Sapphire who was watching and smiling warmly. Then the door opened and the doctor walked in. "Hello you two! How is our baby?" She said as I handed Garnet to her. "She is doing well...eating and everything." I said. "And how is mom?" She said looking over to Sapphire. "Oh, I'm fine. My strength is coming back which is good." She said smiling. The doc nodded "that's good. I just need to give little Garnet here one last check up to see if she's ready to head home." She said laying Garnet in the clear box that she slept in over night. The doc checked her belly button or what used to be her umbilical cord and her entire little body making sure that she was healthy and ready to go. "The only thing is her eyes which probably become really sensitive over time but she is fine now. Well she's all set. She is super healthy! You guys can get ready to head out and come get me or a nurse when your ready" She said handing me garnet who was re wrapped in her little pink blanket. "Alright!" I said as she left the room closing the door. Sapphire got out of the bed and went over to her clothes that I brought over. She grabbed them and brought them back to the bed where she started to get undressed. I smiled watching and looked away when she glanced at me. She giggled. "Omg Ruby.." She said laughing to herself. I walked over to her who now only has her pants on and no shirt. I kiss her Garnet still in my arms. She finishes getting dressed and I lay Garnet on the bed. "Can I dress her?" I ask as Sapphire was unraveling our baby from her blankets. She smiled and nodded. I grabbed Garnet's going home out fit, which was a little white short that said 'I'm with mama' and little purple and pink striped pants, and started dressing her. I was almost done putting her second little leg into her pants when she started to cry. Sapphire looked over my sholder and gently rubbed her little head. "shhh. It's okay baby...we have to get you ready to go home." She said. I smiled and continued to get her dressed as she quieted down. Once I was done I put a small elastic headband with a small purple flower on her little head. Told the doctor that we were ready and they wheeled Sapphire out to our car. We put Garnet in her car seat and Sapphire sat in the back. I hoped into the drivers side and we drove home. I kept looking in the mirror seeing Sapphire cooing over Garnet. My life couldn't get more perfect. Once home we took Garnet on a mini tour around the house. Sapphire walked around the house holding her showing her the house. I had to start working our again and getting back in shape since I'm going back to play for the seals next week. That night Sapphire and I went to bed with Garnet in between us in a small little basket. She was kinda cranky and didn't want to fall asleep so sapphire sung her over the rainbow which was beautiful like always. We all dozed off and slept. Our family was perfect.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks 4 reading! Please vote! BTW the video is Sapphire's VA singing over the rainbow.