Chapter 2 - Phone Call

Wednesday, May 4th, 2016

Mark's POV

And with that, he was gone.

"-Why did you call me 'Cute'?" I said to the empty room. That was nothing to worry about compared to the entire school knowing I was gay, but it still lingered in my mind. He could have just called me 'Gay boy Smarty-pants', but why 'Cute'? I finally shrugged it off, grabbing my stuff and making my way out of the dark room.

I stepped outside into the bright, spring sunshine. I thought about the offer as I walked. 1 whole month... I counted the days, and found that the day I had to tell him my decision was the last day of school. I pulled out my phone and marked the date, June 3rd.

I almost put my phone away, but I knew I had to tell somebody. Jack didn't say the offer was a secret. He makes an offer with everybody he blackmails. I went into my contacts and called Bob.

"Hey Mark!" He sounded excited. He was probably looking for an excuse not to do his homework.

"Bob, I have to tell you something." My voice shook. I had no idea how Jack found my secret; I hadn't told anybody, not even my close friends.

"What is it?" He sounded concerned.

"I had a run-in with Jack."

"That whole crazy secret thing he does with people?" He laughed, "Mark, you don't have any serious secrets. You've told me everything."

"No, Bob, this is pretty serious." I sighed.

"Here, let me guess the secret. Uh..." He paused for a moment, "Is it that you wet the bed all the time as a kid?"

"NO! Bob, stop."

"I can't think of anything else that's really that bad... Are you sure this is serious?"

"Yes, it's serious. I haven't even told you or Wade this secret." I finally gave in.

"Wow... What did he offer?"

"He wants me to do a favor, but he won't tell me what it is. He gave me one month to decide if I'm going to do this 'favor' or let everyone know my secret."

"One month?! He never gives anybody time to decide! He puts everybody on the spot!" He gasped.

"R-Really?" The cute thing, and now he's treating me like I'm special. What is going on...

"I think you should do that favor for him. He never spares anybody. It's odd that he let you off the hook like that."

"Thanks Bob... I'll talk to you later, I guess." I sighed. Maybe I should do it for him... But it's still a risk. I'm glad he gave me more time.

"Bye." Bob hung up.

~AN~

Idk, I guess this is a filler chapter...

In this book the chapters are a little short because I don't have a lot of time any more and it's really stressful when I try to pressure myself into writing super long chapters.

Usually I go for 1,000+ words, but I don't want to stress myself out.

This story is basically events that happen throughout the month until the final day.

I'm liking this story so far, and I hope you are too ^-^

Anyway, thank you guys so much for reading, and if you liked it, PUNCH that vote button in the face, LIKE A BOSS! And I will see all you fangirls IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!