Chapter 1 - I Know Your Secret

Tuesday, May 3rd, 2016

Mark's POV

I opened my locker and stuffed my books inside, only to see a small piece of paper flutter to the ground.

I picked it up and turned it over. A little note was written in scrawly handwriting.

I know your secret.
~Jack

I panicked. Jack was not a guy you told a secret to. Either he would blackmail you, or just tell the entire school. And with the secret I had, I would prefer the blackmail.

The final bell rang, dismissing everyone from school. Thousands of highschool students ran out of their classrooms and out any doors that led outside. I sprinted down the halls, pushing and shoving every student out of my way. People grunted and swore at me, but I had a place to go and I didn't need them stopping me.

Finally I made it to the little door that led to the stage. If you needed to find Jack, he was always here. He may be the biggest blackmailer at the school, but he was a huge theatre geek. It was a mystery as to why. He was never on stage, he only worked backstage on set, sound, and lights. But he was never in the program.

I opened the door slowly, and the lights of the hall flooded into the dark, looming backstage. The door shut silently behind me and I crept my way behind the large black curtains. When nobody was here, it was like a haunted house. Wires hung everywhere and the stage lights above were dark and unlit. I swept a curtain out of my way to see a dark, shadowy figure sitting on a stool.

"Hello, Mark." He said in a teasing tone as he turned to the wall. He flipped one of the many switches and a bright light shone on his face. Jack turned back to me with a teasing smile on his face.

"What do I need to do?" I huffed. Jack just giggled at my statement.

"What do you mean?" He smirked knowingly.

"I know you're going to blackmail me." I sighed and pulled up a stool.

"Oh, your secret?"

"Yes..." I growled. I folded my arms and stared daggers at him.

"Well, if you do me a little favor, I won't tell the whole school that you're gay." He giggled and smirked. I hate everything about him.

"What favor." I huffed and looked at my feet.

"Only I can know that. It's part of the game." He stood and walked around, fiddling with props and smiling at me.

"But then it can be anything!" I jumped up.

"Exactly. You can take the risk and I won't breathe a word, or, you can deny my offer and everyone will know you're a cute little gay boy smarty-pants." He laughed and leaned against a wall.

"Cute?"

"Whatever." His face flushed, "So, what's your decision?"

Thoughts ran back and forth through my mind. His offer could be dangerous, but could it be any worse than the entire school knowing I'm about as straight as a Ramen Noodle?

"I-I don't know..." I stared down at the floor. It was dusty and there was dirt and some kind of glitter everywhere.

"That's okay." For the first time he smiled kindly without any teasing or threat in his face. "I'll let you take your time." He paced around the small backstage area, kicking around the dirt and glitter.

"How about... 1 month." He said, scooping up his bag.

"1 month?" I grabbed my bag as well.

"I'll give you 1 month to decide. You can take my offer or not, you get plenty of time to decide. Bye bye!" He smiled and waved.

"But-"

And with that, he was gone.

~AN~

YAAY! I had fun writing this chapter ^-^

I'm a huge theatre geek so I had to make Jack a theatre geek too ;-;
It also adds a bit of mystery and character to him...
Honestly idk what I'm talking about XD

I'm sorry if it was a bit wierd or too serious...

Anyway, thank you guys so much for reading, and if you liked it, PUNCH that vote button in the face, LIKE A BOSS! And I will see all you fangirls IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!