Chapter 7: Barter

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I told you before that I wan to finish this book before Christmas ends. It's because 1, I'll be busy again. 2. I have to continue my other 'On Hold books' and 3. I need a vacation. By the way minna, not everything goes the way I planned. So something unexpected might happen to me so maybe I will finish the book in time of maybe I won't.....it depends on TIME so I'll see what I can do.

So about this new chapter, It's not edited yet so some parts may shock you or not...but just read it. You'll know what I'm talking about. And if you're thinking something about the semi-last part, well it's your thoughts......that's just what happened so enjoy it anyways.

Normal POV

The remaining hours of the day were filled with tying knots, tightening chains and casting more binding spells. Diane and King had finished writing the spell around the kingdom. The towns people had finally settled down from what Gilthunder reported back. Now, everyone is getting ready for another wave of war. Those Knights who were not tainted readied themselves fro the worst. They all suited up in their armors. The rest of the Nanatsu No Taizai gang joined in the cosplay game. They got to wear new armored uniforms made by the one and only Harlequin. King had made them in case something like this disease happens in the near future. His collection had finally put into use.

The sun was slowly going down. Time check, it was now an hour before 6 o'clock. The sun has turned orange from setting. Their job is to keep the demons at bay. Keep them locked in the shield and prevent them from destroying it just to escape. The Knights were all running around in circles trying to organize whatever was left of the formation. They've got back up swords and shields already posted in the battle area in case they run out of weapons.

While everyone was busy for last minute preparations, Meliodas watched the the orange sky turn dark. He wonders if Elizabeth, Hawk and Meldy are doing okay with their mission of watching over Arthur back at Camelot. He hopes that Elizabeth would say the word at the right moment in the right time.

Back At Camelot.....

Elizabeth and Meldy have been taking turns every hour for Arthur's strict protection. One of them watches the windows while the other guards the door. So far, nothing has happened yet. Elizabeth became sleepy from all of this watching but still stayed up. She didn't want to to disappoint Meliodas.

"Ne ne...check this out Elizabeth-sama." Meldy called out. Elizabeth turned to see Meldy wearing the dragon hair clip she had won in the carnival. What surprised Elizabeth was that Meldy was combing her hair to the side, her bangs covering her right eye. The sight was unbelievable because once Meldy finished, she turned to face Elizabeth.

The sight in front of her was like a mirror. Meldy copied Elizabeth's hairstyle. "so what do you think?" Meldy questioned.

"Ohhhhhhhh!!!! Meldy your hair looks just like Elizabeth!!" Hawk complimented. "You two look almost alike."

"eh.....it suits you Meldy" Elizabeth said showing that cute blush she always has.

"really? Arigatou." It did suit Meldy. But after a while, the style didn't last long. Her bangs started going the wrong way so in the end, she just ruffled her hair back to it's spiky form again but the hair clip was still in place.

There was a knock on the door. In cam Merlin. "I'm sorry to disturb you two, but can I borrow Meldy for a minute? I need her help with something." She said that they had to discuss some important business. Meldy gulped. She did not want to know, but she wanted to help.

"I'll be quick Elizabeth-sama, I don't want to leave you alone for too long."

"That's okay..Hawk is with me so everything will be fine." Says Elizabeth.