Chapter 4: Two Blondes Are Worse Than One

Author's Note

Ahhhh...I'm back from another busy week. Sorry I delayed the update. It was supposed to be updated yesterday but my mom took the wifi with her so I had nothing to connect with.
Anyways, I hope you like this new chapter minna.

NOTE: this is not a fan service if thats your first thought. this is actually what happened for the sake of a SMILE :)

well enjoy the chapter. I'll see you next week and by the way, keep on a look out for any TWISTEDS appearing in this chapter!!!!

Normal POV

The gang were walking in silence towards King Arthur's personal chamber. The room where he does almost everything. The chamber where nobody ever goes to..well except Merlin.

"So Merlin, what's the emergency all about?" Hawk asked the wizard.

"something happened to Arthur last night which caused him to be ill. He is struck by some kind of disease. I've never seen it before. I was hoping that maybe some of you may know about it so we can find a cure." Merlin properly explained.

"that's it? You called us all the way here just to treat a sick King?" obviously Ban was annoyed. He rather be at the bar and sleep again.

"Once you see what I'm talking about, you'll wish that you want to find an antedote. This disease.................is something I have never ..................and I mean never, encountered before until now." Merlin's voice was deadly and serious. The way she said it made everyone become aware of the situation. They now reside to 'serious mode'. Because hearing Merlin say that means serious business. Merlin can handle anything but hearing her say that, makes them wonder how deadly this disease must be.

Meldy gulped. Fear started running down her nerves. Meliodas saw this and held her hand to help calm her down again.

"Meldy, I know how you feel......don't let it consume you." Meliodas lightly whispered to her. Meldy calmed down a bit but that uncomfortable feeling came back again. Both blondes know something that the others do not. It is best if what they know shall remain a secret.

Elizabeth saw their little scene, to avoid that tug again, she diverted her gaze at another direction before Meliodas held her hand.

****

The bedroom doors opened. The lighting turned on instantly. King Arthur's room was pretty big and spacious. Here's his room but where's Arthur?

"I don't see Arthur anywhere." King questioned.

"I smell him....." Hawk sniffed the air, he immediately covered his nostrils. "what was that!? It smells horrible!" Hawk complained on how the smell of the room smelt like a dying corpse.

"I too smell it. The scent of a decaying body I suppose." Gowther added.

"Merlin, where is that smell coming from?" Meliodas inhaled and exhaled. The scent was very strong. Meldy was shaking her legs but tried to hide her nervousness. It's like she can't handle it anymore. The guilt is consuming her.

Merlin walked over to the King sized bed that was covered with a wwhite curtain in all four corners of it. "I want to show you...................how much of a problem this disease is...."

Merlin ripped the sorrounding curtains without second thoughts. The smell got stronger. Everyone's eyes grew wide at the sight right infront of them.

Here lies King Arthur's body all lifeless and brownish, no not brownish...like he's got a tan..but...more like a dying corpse. He's still alive but his body was slowly decaying. His breathing was slow and he was sweating alot. The air he is inhaling and exhaling is where the horrible smell was coming from.