chapter 5

This boy i s2g.. (side photo) btw sorry if i havent updated in a long while, been going through a lot lately :/

Joe's pov

I don't know any of these people, any at all. The only person I am close to knowing is Sydney, but.. I know that she told me that she's my girlfriend, I just feel so weird about it. Like as if something's wrong.

I feel like I just don't really know her actually..

It was dead silent. The blondish boy was staring at me intently, the other two boys were talking silently. I could hear some words, though.

"What happened to him?"

"I asked Zoe and she said that the doctor told her and the other girl that he has amnesia."

"Oh.. that must be really hard on Caspar, being roommates and all with Joe."

I decided to speak up. "E-Excuse me," they all looked at me. "Is it okay if you introduce yourselves to me?"

The blonde boy lost it. He stood up and darted out the door.

"Okay.. I'm Marcus Butler. " The guy with the deep voice exclaimed. I nodded my head.

"I'm Alfie Deyes, your sister's boyfriend." His voice had a bit of hurt in them. But wait, I have a sister?

"And the boy who went out was Caspar Lee, your roommate." Marcus said, and I looked away. Was I that special to him?

"We're all your bestmates, Joe. And it's hard to believe that you forgot all about us." Alfie said.

"But Joe, who is-" Marcus didn't get to finish his sentence when the two girls were walking in.

The other one, who I suppose is my sister, hugged me and I decided to hug her back. "What's your name?" I asked, and her smile faltered. "M-My name?" She pointed at herself. I nodded, slightly embarassed.

"I'm Zoella Sugg, or Zoe. I'm your sister, Joseph." She started crying, and Alfie rushed to her side, patting her back.

I felt sad. "I'm really sorry Zoe, but as much as I would want to, I can't remember any memories I had with you." I tried to explain, but she cried even more.

My gaze diverted to Sydney, who was looking down at the floor. She looked rather guilty. Why? There's nothing to be guilty about, she is my girlfriend.

Sydney cleared her throat, and everybody stared at her. She was staring at Zoe, and she twisted her hair, and Zoe's eyes widened.

"Right, uh- Where's Caspar?"

Just as she spoke, the door opened. There was Caspar, his eyes puffy and tears streaming his face. "I'm sorry. I would just like to ask; who the fuck are you?"

He pointed at Sydney, and I was confused. Why doesn't he know?

"Caspar, stop. I was just about to explain everything, okay?" Zoe said, her arms crossed and black mascara was parading her face.

Caspar softened slightly and sat down. "Okay. Just, go on."

"Sydney is Joe's secret girlfriend," she paused for a moment, and before we could say anything, she continued. "Before the accident happened, Sydney has been seeing Joe for two months. They have not made it public, because Joe was scared that she will be hated by the Sugglets. And then this has happened, then.. poof."

Woah. Really?

"Hold up. Am I some kind of celebrity? Who are the Sugglets?" Zoe giggled, Marcus and Sydney laughed and Alfie.. I don't even know.

"Well, kinda. You are a YouTuber, a star in YouTube. We all are, actually." She gestured to all of us. This is amazing.

Caspar spoke. "What? How the fuck do you know all about these, Zoe? Why don't we know?!"

"Jesus Casp, calm down! Of course we don't know, it's a Sugg secret." Alfie explained, while Zoe stuck her tongue at him.

"Okay, I'm sorry. Sydney, how did you both meet?" Caspar asked. Damn, he's acting like a father all of a sudden.

Sydney bit her lip, looking at both Zoe and me. She sighed. "I met him at a party three months ago. For one month we stayed friends, then I told him that I love him and he loves me back. So we had a relationship. I didn't truly understand how nobody knew, Zoe knew about a week ago." Sydney explained.

"Zoe? How did you know?" Marcus asked. "I saw their conversation in Joe's phone, and I demanded Joseph to explain."

Caspar stood up and mumbled, "Sydney, let's talk."

And with that, I was left with Zoe, Marcus and Alfie.