Chapter 3 - First Clue

Start from the beginning

"There is a reason we have made so many good memories in such a short time Archer. We have chemistry together as the last period, I'll talk to you then" He said as the bell rang and we said goodbyes, moving to our respective classes.

I spent most of the time in my classes dozing off, thinking about the two words. "cire renrut". What could they even possibly mean? 

I couldn't bring myself to focus on the lectures, I kept thinking about the words. The thing that was making it even harder was the fact that I only had limited time till Thursday. What was going on?

The bell rang signalling the last period, which was  chemistry. Time was really running out and I had no idea what to do. Maybe, this wasn't even related to college. On a second thought, maybe I am not even supposed to be doing this. Maybe I am just supposed to be focusing on my studies right now. 

But yet, something about this just seemed to attract me towards it. This was my secret. My secret with Evelyn. Only thing that has ever belonged to me that was related to her, and I wanted to keep it going on as long as it could. At the same time however, I wanted and needed to find answers which I just wasn't able to.

Cire renrut. I kept pronouncing the words as I entered my chemistry class, maybe they'll make sense if I kept saying them to myself again and again. But no, that didn't seem to work out at all either.

I took my usual seat next to Harry. Apparently we were performing some experiment about acids and bases today, which we have been doing for the past four years now.

"We will be doing this experiment in the pairs of two" The professor said. "So pair up as I call your names, since I will be making teams" 

Groans were heard in the whole room when this was said.

"Archer Bryant, pair up with Eric Turner" Professor said after a while, and I waited for whoever this guy was to find me, secretly hoping he was smart enough to work with me because my mind wasn't working at all today.

After waiting for a minute, I realized that Eric was absent today.

"Since he his absent today, Mr.Edwards, you pair up with Archer today" Professor said.

"Hello? Archer. ARCHER." Harry shouted lowly and I came back to reality.

"What?" I asked suddenly.

"You were day dreaming for the hundredth time now. Will you just already tell me what it is?" He asked, clearly annoyed by me.

"I can't" I said.

"Well then at least focus on the experiment and help, will you?" 

"I am trying to" I said, getting annoyed by his complaining too now even though I had no right too.

"Maybe you should have been paired with Eric Turner today, only if he was present" Harry muttered.

"He would be more compromising than you though, so I wouldn't disagree" I replied too.

This wasn't an argument for us. We did this all the time. But me and Harry never had a serious argument, which was very weird.

"Why did Eric Turner not come today?" Harry said again.

"Do you have to say his name again and again? Just stop" I complained.

"I won't" He smirked to annoy me more "Eric Turner. Eric Turner. Eric Turner" He continued saying his name again and again.

Suddenly, my eyes went wide open with realization.

This time, realization hit me in the face like it never did before. I rushed to grab a paper and pen as I wrote down the letters.