Chapter Two: Feelings Revealed

Alex's POV

(Cameron in picture to the side)

"It's time to get up, Idiot." I threw a pillow at the man in my bed. He's lucky I was in a good mood today, or else he'd be in deep trouble. "I told you if you snuck into my bed again, you'd lose something very precious to you."

He made a fake snoring sound and opened one eye to see if I was watching him. I was. "You're no fun," he pounted and turned over until he wasn't facing me any longer. "Let me guess. You took my ass virginity while I was sleeping?"

I choked on my intake of breath. "What the hell, Cameron?!"

"You said I would lose something precious to me, and I so happen to think my ass virginity is pretty damn precious." 

"And I so happen to think you're a vain, egotistic dumbass." I gripped the mattress and somehow managed to tip it enough to send his precious ass falling to the floor. There was a Thump! behind me, but by that time, I was already out the bedroom door, grabbing my keys, and leaving as fast as I could. 

"Alex!" I didn't bother to turn around as he ran out into the hallway following me in his boxers. He's lucky it was six in the morning and hardly anyone in the apartment complex was up and going. "You made me hit my head!" he shouted for the second time. 

I finally stopped before he followed me into the elevator and out the doors into the busy streets of New York. Knowing Cameron, he would in a heartbeat. "Annnnd?" My patience was running thin. Again. "What do you want me to do about it?"

His hand was rubbing the back of his head slowly, but he was grinning. Perverted grinning. "Kiss it all better." He pointed to the spot that he bumped. "Kiss it, or I'll stand here all day."

"How about I go to work and you stand there all day like an idiot? Doesn't affect me whatsoever." 

He raised his brows in mock attempt. "You'd really let your partner stand in a drafty hallway all day?" I could tell by the way he said it, he had a plan up his sleeve. "I mean, if I get cold I guess I could go visit Mrs. Summers nextdoor. I'm sure she'd be ecstatic to have me over for some 'coffee'" He winked at me, and he totally knew he had me right where he wanted me to be. Uncomfortable and isolated. 

I squinted my eyes at him. He knew how much Mrs. Summers annoyed me. She was the 40 year-old cougar woman who'd been after me from day one. Constantly bringing me brownies, cookies, even 3-course meals! Well played, Cameron, well played. I'd rather jump off a building than let Mrs. Summers get her wrinkly hands on Cameron! 

And Cameron knew this, or he wouldn't have brought it up. 

"I'm waiting, Mr. Mercer. What'll it be?" 

Great. Now he was treating me like a suspect. 

"Can't I just blow you a kiss from here or something?" I was standing a good ten feet away from him. "I don't feel like walking-"

"Oh Mrs. Summers. . ," Cameron began to whisper loudly. "I'm getting kind of cold out here. Can I-"

"Fine!" I whisper-shouted. "I'll give you a damn kiss." As I approached him, I said, "but only on the head. Got it?"

He nodded eagerly. "Got it."

I put down my suitcase next to our feet as I stood inches infront of him. He had to lean down just for me to see the top of his head. He was a good 5 inches tallers than me, which he made sure to point out every chance he got. But not this time. This time he bent down without a word. 

I leaned forward to the spot he pointed at. I grasped his cheek gently with my left hand and planted the smallest of kisses on his crown. I admit, I had wanted to do that for awhile. Though I'd never tell him that. I would never let him get the slightest idea that he was growing on me. That I was gaining feelings for him. He was a big tease. And that's all he'll ever be.