Chapter 53 - Talon, Talon, Talon

77

Asren smiled contentedly as he lay back on his bed, listening to Talon singing merrily away in his shower. Once she had started opening up to him when they were down at the pool, he knew for sure, and it felt wrong for him to withhold the information about himself.

He was very pleased he had told her, because from that moment on the bond between them had increased ten fold. Like they had a secret to share from the world.

He sighed, letting her see another guy....hurt...painfully hurt. But what if he got all territorial? Got? He already was now, more so than even this morning. But really how long would this little ...infatuation of hers last . She would soon realise that there was no other being on earth that could offer her what he could. Protect her like he could. Love her like he could. But what if she thought he was suffocating or dominating and backed away from him. That would rip his heart apart. Plus how could he deny her that which he had experienced himself? It wasn't fair and Talon wasn't like the other - most of the other Ice females- she was sweet and looked for the best in people. There was something else about her as well. He couldn't quite grasp it yet though.

He shivered at the thought of what he would become once she ovulated, he was strong and the stronger you were the more vicious you became over your female, that guy would die horribly if he didn't get out of the picture quick enough. He would not be physically able to let her out of his sight, without great panic and the need to kill all that was between him getting to her.

The bathroom door opened and Talon emerged fully clothed. "That shower was amazing! I'm utterly mystified how you can get out from under it, I would be in there at least five hours of the day," she moaned.

       "Well move in and spend ten hours in there." He drawled, smiling at the thought of it. She saw fun.

       "Don't tempt me" She jumped on to the bed next to him and lay her head down on his arm. It felt so right that he couldn't help the wolfish grin that spread over his face.

       "So my little monster, what's this wolverine thing?" He said crossing his legs so that they were touching hers, the warmth from her skin sending delicious sensations up to his torso.

She pulled up into a sitting position her blue eyes twinkling with amusement. "You know who Wolverine is right?"

       "I technically may be old... but I'm not elderly" he rolled his eyes.

       "Okay can you do it then?" she raised her eyebrows at him.

He frowned, "What? Make claws come out of my hands?"

       "Yeah"

       "ummm, no."

       "Try" she poked him in the ribs

He sat up next to her and looked at his hands. Icy white fur covered them and four diamond claws extended about three quarters of an inch.

       He glanced up at her smiling, " Err...Baby Wolverine?"

She laughed.

       "Well come on then Miss Big Guns... show me yours" he scrunched his face up.

He watched Talon as she stood up, "I may as well do the whole move... added effect" she chuckled.

She crossed her arms but Asren found that he was focusing on her face, she was so damn beautiful, those lovely high cheek bones and Ice Blood... those eyes....He let his eyes trail down that gorgeous body.