First class dragged on forever, and when the bell finally rang I rushed out of there as fast as I could. For second period, Elliana and I went our seperate ways. She has Calculus and I have Gym, which I hate with all my heart.

I shove my books in my locker, and quickly head to the locker room to change into my gym clothes. In gym all the girls have to wear the same clothes and all the guys have to wear the same clothes, so I don't have to worry about anyone making fun of my outfit.

I walk into class, casually, for I was not excited to be there at all.

"Okay." My gym teacher announces once the bell rings, "Today we are going to be playing a friendly game of dodge ball against the other gym class.

I look towards the door and a big lump forms in my throat when I see Danielle walk in with her stuck up, popular friends. My eyes dart right to the purplish mark on her neck, that is still very visible. The lump grows even bigger when I see Calum walk in, with two of the other boys that were playing truth or dare right behind him. I try to swallow it down, but it doesn't work, so I just hide behind the other kids in my class.

Before I know it I hear the sound of dodge balls, smacking against the wall. One by one the people in front of me walk off too the side after being hit. Soon its just me and two other people, against Calum and the two other guys from the party.

"Aww Victor, are you scared?" The one sitting next to me on the couch taunts, and I hear Danielle's nasal laugh coming from the side. Soon the ball that used to be in his hand, is flying right towards me. I quickly duck out of the way, coming right into contact with the ball that Calum had thrown at the kid standing next to me. The ball slams right into my face, and the next thing I know I am sprawled out on the sweaty, gym floor.

"Looks like she's got a pretty bad bruise on her forehead." I here my teacher say as he hovers over me, "Since you caused this mess Hood, you can take her to the nurse."

"Of course," I here Calum reply, and before I know it I feel Calum's arm wrap around my back, as he helps me up off the floor, and walks me out of the gym. His grasp is gentle and caring, and I can imagine myself blushing. We remain silent until we reach the nurse's office, but I wouldn't change a thing.

"What's seem's to be the problem?" the nurse asks as Calum leads me to the little bed in the corner of the room.

"She was uhh hit in the head with a dodgeball," I here him explain.

"Oh well this should do," She says as she hands me a bag of ice, "Now I need to make a very important call, I should be back in 10 minutes."

"You okay?" Calum asks as he sits down on the edge of the bed.

"Oh uhh yeah," I reply as I sit up to look at him. "Does this look bad," I ask as I remove the ice from my head.

"Its not terrible. Should be gone in a few days," He says with a small smile. He scratches the back of his head and looks at a poster on the other side of the room. Does he only do that when he talks to me? He must really think I'm really awkward.

"Listen, I'm really sorry about hitting you in the head. I promise I wasn't even aiming at you," He blurts out.

"Calum, it's fine. I suck at sports anyway, I was destined to be hit eventually." I reply with a laugh. I am kind of getting used to talking to him now. I'm not getting nervous or anything. Maybe its the fact that he just pelted me in the face with a dodge ball, but at least I am talking to him without worrying about every little thing I say.

"I'm sure you're not that bad," He chuckles as his lips curve into that perfect smile that I've come to love.

"I was hiding behind my team. I would've been hit sooner if I weren't so good at hiding behind other people," I laugh. He doesn't reply he just laughs along with me. Being with Cal definitely makes up for the fact that my head is throbbing. I had completely forgotten about the big bruise on my forehead.

Our laughing was interrupted by the opening of the door. The nurse walked up to me and gently grabbed my head, examining the bruise.

"Alright, the bell rung, you two can leave now. Keep that ice on your head, dear," The nurse babbles before opening the door for us. I get off the bed and walk out the door Calum following right behind me. I begin to rewind and think about what just occured. It was the typical movie scene. The shy unpopular girl is hit in the head with a dodge ball by the guy she likes, and the teacher makes him take her to the nurse. The fact that it actually happened seems so unreal. My whole life I've always thought, that there are only happy endings in the movies. This isn't a happy ending though, its more like a happy beginning.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asks as we start walking down the hall,

"Yeah, I'll be fi-" I begin but am interrupted by a nasal voice coming from behind.

"Oh my god, Victor are you okay?" I turn around to see Danielle walking straight towards us.

"I hope you feel better," She says as she approaches us. I stumble back in surprise when she wraps me into a big hug. Just this morning she was laughing at me, now she's hugging me. I thought she hated me. I don't really like her either. I find her so fake. She wears way too much makeup and it is obvious that she got a nose job.

Her grip tightens as I feel her cool breath on my ear, and she's creeping me out.

"Stay away from Calum," She whispers, the hatred present in her voice, "Or else the rest of the school year won't be very pleasant for you."

My eyes widen, as she backs away giving me one last cold smile, before grabbing Cal's hand and pulling him down the hall.

✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴

I just want to clear up any confusion that anyone has. Michael, Luke, and Ashton don't go to the same school as Calum. They will be in the story soon though. If you're confused about anything just ask.