Not Okay With This

Beth's Prov🔥

Later that night after spilling my guts Scott and I went to see Ralf.

When we walked into his office he was going over the files recording what had happened.

"Preliminary notes on firearm discharge incident. Assailant armed with sound-suppressor equipped Walther P88... Having heard the perpetrator's threat and countdown, I made visual confirmation of the barrel of the weapon pressed to the potential victim's head. Determining the danger to be imminent, " Ralf said pausing when he glanced at us. "I felt no other choice but to respond with the use of deadly force." He finished shitting off the record and turning his full attention to us. "Thanks for waiting. I know it's late." He said. Scott shook his head putting his hands in his jacket pocket.

"It's okay. It's not like I'm going to be going to school tomorrow anyway. And Beth definitely isn't going any where." He said nodding to me. I glared at him as I stood closet to the door ready to bolt if this awkward exchange didn't go the way it was supposed.

"Unfortunately, I'm going to have to drive back to San Francisco tonight. I'll need to do a review at the field office. But I'll be back as soon as I can. I might have to miss the first game of the season." He said looking back and forth between us. Scott shrugged and shook his head.

"It's no big deal." He said giving him a small smile. Ralf frowned and shook his head.

"It is to me. I'm keeping my promises this time. What I did, it was necessary." He said. "Justifiable." He said pausing to look at me then back to Scott. "You know that, right?" He said. I nodded looking at my feet. I rubbed my face as Scott spoke,

"Have you done it before?" He said looking at both of us. He was asking us both I noted. I looked away while it Ralf spoke up.

"Two other times. It's not easy, taking a man's life, even someone who forces you to do it." He said. They both looked at name and I sighed scratching my neck.

"Couple of times. To many to count." I whispered.

"How do you deal with it?" Scot asked.

"You look at it logically. Without emotion. You compartmentalize." He said giving a smile. I nodded.

"He's right Pup." I said putting a hand on his shoulder.

"How do you do that?" He asked looking at me.

"I used to do it by drinking." He said grabbing hush jacket.

"I sleep it off. Try and forget. On the off chance I have nightmares I do stuff to take my mind of it." I spoke.

"Like go on dates with Parrish?" Scott asked. I went to speak but thought about it. Maybe I did do that.

"Oh and one more thing." Ralf started. "When I do come back, we have to talk about some stuff. You, Beth and your friends, the way you guys handle things, it doesn't seem to faze you like it should. It's like you guys know something I don't." He said looking us both in the eyes. "When I come back, I'd like to be in the know." He said.
_€_€_€_€_€_€_€_€_€_€_€_€_€_€_€_

The next morning was insane. And I was not okay with it. Scott wanted to kill himself. Basically he wanted to stop his heart so they could give some kind of confirmation to the Benefactor. At  the moment Scotts pack and I were in the living room.

"How do we even know something's definitely coming?" Kira said.

"Because the tape from Garrett's bag said visual confirmation required." Scott said trying to reassure her. And silently me as he glanced at me giving me smile.