Chapter 7

I walked around the bus for the millionth time then back onto the bus and to the bathroom. I carefully stood on the scale and winced seeing I was 102 pounds. I've gained weight, it's no wonder I feel so terrible. I looked up into the mirror and noticed I was rather pale. I sighed and got off the scale, looks like I'm going to have to skip dinner. And I should get some more makeup as soon as possible. I look as bad as I feel.

I heard a knock on the door and opened it a little.

" What's wrong? " Jake asked looking at me closely.

" Nothing. " I mumbled looking at my feet.

" Don't lie Emerald. " he said and carefully lifted my chin making me look in his eyes.

I sighed," I gained weight. "

He frowned and looked up and down me. "You look amazing." he said.

I frowned, "No, I look fat. I weigh 102 pounds."

He gapped at me, " That isn't fat. You look healthy and beautiful." he pulled me against his chest and hid his face in my neck. " You're perfect."

I frowned again and started to protest but he pressed his lips to mine silencing me. " You are beautiful and amazing and perfect. I know Ella has made you feel terrible about yourself but she is wrong and a bitch. I love you how you are." he smiled then stiffened as he realized what he had said. His smile faded as I stared wide eyed at him.

He said he loved me.

" I-I... I'm sorry." he breathed out. " It-it slipped. I didn't mean to upset you."

I shook my head and hugged him. I pulled back and kissed his cheek, "I love you too Jake." I whispered in his ear.

He smiled and kissed me holding me close. "I want to take you out tonight." he said.

I smiled and kissed kissed his cheek, "That would be amazing."

He smiled and took my hand leading me out to the lounge. He handed me to Sammi and smiled. " Can you help Em get ready for our date?" he asked her. She grinned and stood up nodded.

" Yes! " she squealed. Her grin got bigger and she grabbed my shoes and phone and gave them to me. " We are going shopping! "

" Again? " I asked.

" Yes! You need something to wear tonight! " she exclaimed looking at me like I'd grown an extra head.

" But I have stuff-" she cut me off.

"We are going shopping and that is final." she said and gave me a stern look. She grinned after a moment and pulled me from the bus.

She hailed a cab and and told him to take us to the nearest mall. She paid when we got there and drug me to the closest dress store.

After about five shops and thirty dresses she finally agreed on one. It was black at the top and faded to dark purple at the bottom. It was strapless and had sparkles all over the top and a sparkling star pattern up the right side. It only went about mid thigh though. I was worried about my scars showing but she assured me we could hide the major ones and that Jake wouldn't care either way. I was still skeptical about it though.

I frowned as she bought the dress. " Shoes next!" she cheered and pulled me behind her. She drug me through a couple stores before finding a pair of silver heals. They strapped around the ankle and covered most of my foot. My toes stuck out at the end.

"Looks like we get to paint your toes, fingers too! " she giggled and to me to a place to get manicures and pedicures. I left the shop with silver toe nails and fingernails. On my thumbs were purple shooting stars.