Chapter 3 - In Another World, Summoning More Heroes

It's been two weeks since that weird nightmare, nothing unusual has been happening lately. In total, I've been around 3 weeks in this dungeon cell without ever going out once. The little princess always come everyday and stays for a few hours to chat and bring variety of foods. She has been trying to ask her father, the king, and also the country's council or senates to forgive my crime and set me free already. I could force my way out of here but if I do that now, it will only hurt the little princess' reputation and trust among those higher-ups of this country. Thus I patiently put my hope of getting out from this prison on her, it would be a rare thing for me to get out of detention legally.

Today, as always, she comes to visit me. She has been pretty cheerful lately and looks like enjoying our chats despite the location being in a humid and dark dungeon.

"Yo little princess, what do you want to hear today, the story about how humanity fought again invading alien life-form or the story about 300 half-naked soldiers repelling a million enemies with just spears and shields?"

The topic of our conversation has very much dwells beyond everyday things and common knowledge of Earth, I began to tell her the story from some popular movies which my master recommended to me before. She is really interested, that's why she has been staying for several hours every time she visited me, even the guards secretly stand closer to be able to hear the stories too. Although they can't 100% understand the stories due to differences in culture and technology, she and the guards are still really fascinated, their reaction were very amusing every time a plot twist or the climax of the story arrived.

I've asked her about how the world here, especially about the country I'm in right now. But she kept saying "Just look at it yourself" while mischievously grinning and saying that I might be released soon. I positively take that statement to mean that I will be released soon and there will be something awesome to be seen.

"Mr. Criminal, what do you think about being a hero is?" She said while leaning on the nice chair that has been prepared for her to use. There are a small round table and a standing lamp being brought for her use too.

"Excuse me?"

That was very much out of topic. We were just taking a short break during my story telling of how a giant stone falling from the sky and messes up the planet. I was taking a sip of a hot rum-flavored drink she brought.

"You know, the kind of ideal hero, if there is any. You seem to know a lot, what do you have in mind?"

"Ideal hero? Well missy, aren't you too farsighted? You are looking at one right now hahaha. Any hero that's similar to me is an ideal hero!" I answered semi-jokingly then take a sip of the hot rum again. This drink taste better and better every time I take a sip!

"Geez, it was mistake asking you serious stuff." The little princess knitted her eyebrows, making a slight frowning expression. Nonetheless, that was still cute. It's fun teasing this little princess.

She also takes a sip on the hot drink. Apparently this rum-like drink is non-alcoholic. She has been bringing a lot more lately, even the guards have been getting foods and drinks too, they are very delighted every time the little princess come because of that. I bet she's a popular princess among the people, or at least among the castle staffs.

I don't know whether most royalties in this world are down-to-earth like her or it's only her alone who's treating everyone without looking down on them. It would be really nice if everyone can be like her, right?

I then continue and finish today's storytelling. Usually it's time for her to go back, but this time she stays a little bit longer for some more chatting. She seems a little bit down for some reason, is she having some kind of problem?